Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themechanic
    • Nov 2010

Verdict and Windows dont mix

Anybody going to buy a verdict should wait till all the test Dummies like me waist there money. I have owned all the snap on scanners and they all had glitches but this one is really glitched. Ive been useing snap on scanners for 25 -30 years and the solus pro and vantage pro that i traded for the latest brick were by far much more faster easier to use and get through the job quicker. try putting your internet on it Ha Ha .. I own the $8000 brick.
  • C.A.R.S. Diagnostics
    • Dec 2010

No major problems here

Myself I have not had any problems with the Verdict D7 Tablet Platform. I too have used and owned every scanner, labscope, and Oscillocope since they started making them. As long as you back out of what your viewing before you unhook the S3 Scanner, you will not have any lock up problems. I have used this platform since Oct. and there was only two faults I found.

One was the screen is small and hard to read, but I got around that by using a docking station and a Wide screen TV-PC setup as seen in this pic. Second I wish they would have put two ground locations on the M2 Scope/Meter. Some of my test equipment can not piggyback on top the other for ground as my low amp probe has a BNC connection with an adapter. So I bought a Snap-On Low Amp Prode and gave my OTC to my son.

With the big screen as a viewing device only, and the Verdict with a docking station or just stand alone as a Wireless Scanner, Scope, Repair Database, Mobile Wireless as using a Internet Lapconnect Device for mobile repairs or Wireless Network Internet in the shop, a Database to store files on it's own harddrive, or using a USB storage device, or as I do use bluetooth to transfer scope / scanner files to my desktop computer to view with ShopStream Connect Scope or Scanner viewer, a camera when needed, email, a outside bay connection to places like Ask-A-Tech, IATN, Shopkey5, Mitchell or Identifix. And never having to leave my tool box workstation area.

Myself I think this platform and the Verus are a step into the future in the right direction. I would rather use my mind and equipment for doing diagnostics, then using my worn out back and greasy enbedded hands. Charlie
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

To "themechanic" who wrote:

Originally posted by themechanic
      Anybody going to buy a verdict should wait till all the test Dummies like me waist there money. I have owned all the snap on scanners and they all had glitches but this one is really glitched. Ive been useing snap on scanners for 25 -30 years and the solus pro and vantage pro that i traded for the latest brick were by far much more faster easier to use and get through the job quicker. try putting your internet on it Ha Ha .. I own the $8000 brick.
      I hate to think that you call yourself a "Dummy" because you bought a Verdict. I realize you are seeing some glitches, but that is the way it is with anybody who wants the "latest" tools.

Take the Modis for example. It had a lot of issues also during the first year. The first year is the expected "stabilization" period. Now that Modis is a stable platform, your rarely hear about any issues with the actual scanner or scope.

Just the simple fact that this Snap-on sponsored forum is available for you to vent your concerns is proof that Snap-on is listening.

When Verdict smooths out, you will be happy that you bought it. I know, I use mine every day, and have seen the improvements.

BTW, did you download the newest version-2223? That has done a lot for eliminating some glitches.

Also, what do you mean "try putting your internet on it Ha Ha .. I own the $8000 brick." ?
      I constantly use my my Verdict to access the internet, never had an issue yet. Wonder what you mean?

Comment

• Rusty's Garage
        • Dec 2010

Update 2223

Update the tool! 2223 fixes a bunch. My only struggle now is bluetooth! Mine doesn't seem to be able to penetrate doors and walls? Other than that I'm loving this tool.
        What about virus protection? Is it needed?

Comment

Working...