Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andre104623
    • Nov 2015

big problem after update

I updated my verdict d7 software today though the internet as soon as it was finshed and I restarted the tablet my monitor wont clone the verdict screen. It only extends the screen which is ****ing pointless with a touch screen. I been messing around with the settings to try to get it working again but no luck.

I called snap on tech support and they want me to reflash windows XP which in turn would delete everything on the computer which I dont want to happen becuase I have alot of customers on the device and current jobs Im working on at the moment. It works fine though and is fast no problems there but i really like having the screen on the tool box so I can see what Im doing from a distance.

My snap on dealer is a ****ing retard he said "well if its giving you problems I'll take it back and you can get a verus edge" my jaw almost hit the floor like that was a great solution to my problem. This guy needs some training like big time he couldnt even tell me before I bought the verdict if it had European unlocked or if it could push back electronic calibers.

Bottom line could someone help me out getting my monitor working again. Thank you
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

I'm not sure if this will help but you can try it. exit out of the diagnostic suit to your home screen. make sure your monitor is plugged in and turned on.right click anywhere on the screen, were there is no icons or shortcuts. you should get a pop up box, look for graphic properties and click on that. you should see a blue and gray window pop up that says intel graphics media, look at the multiple display. under multiple display it will say twin, click the twin box then drop down to the lower right corner and click apply. you should get a pop up that asks you to confirm desktop change click ok and then click ok again on the intel graphics media. this should set your machine to display twin monitors.

Comment

• andre104623
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by diesel71
      I'm not sure if this will help but you can try it. exit out of the diagnostic suit to your home screen. make sure your monitor is plugged in and turned on.right click anywhere on the screen, were there is no icons or shortcuts. you should get a pop up box, look for graphic properties and click on that. you should see a blue and gray window pop up that says intel graphics media, look at the multiple display. under multiple display it will say twin, click the twin box then drop down to the lower right corner and click apply. you should get a pop up that asks you to confirm desktop change click ok and then click ok again on the intel graphics media. this should set your machine to display twin monitors.
      Thats the problem it should say that but that option isnt there.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

If you do end up re imaging the unit, and it sounds like that's where this is headed, there are some great utilities available here:

#14 is a backup utility for your customer info.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by andre104623
          I updated my verdict d7 software today though the internet as soon as it was finshed and I restarted the tablet my monitor wont clone the verdict screen. It only extends the screen which is ****ing pointless with a touch screen. I been messing around with the settings to try to get it working again but no luck.

I called snap on tech support and they want me to reflash windows XP which in turn would delete everything on the computer which I dont want to happen becuase I have alot of customers on the device and current jobs Im working on at the moment. It works fine though and is fast no problems there but i really like having the screen on the tool box so I can see what Im doing from a distance.

My snap on dealer is a ****ing retard he said "well if its giving you problems I'll take it back and you can get a verus edge" my jaw almost hit the floor like that was a great solution to my problem. This guy needs some training like big time he couldnt even tell me before I bought the verdict if it had European unlocked or if it could push back electronic calibers.

Bottom line could someone help me out getting my monitor working again. Thank you
          Hello, could you please clarify what exactly got updated? The Snapon Atlas software, or a Windows update(s)? This will help try to come to a solution. A screenshot of the window of you monitor choices would help as well, you can upload and post it here. Thanks.
          S. Breland

Comment

• andre104623
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by sbreland73
            Hello, could you please clarify what exactly got updated? The Snapon Atlas software, or a Windows update(s)? This will help try to come to a solution. A screenshot of the window of you monitor choices would help as well, you can upload and post it here. Thanks.
            It was a windows update it seems it cleared all my settings. I have fixed the problem and took screenshots of what I did. Now I just need a new battery so it lasts longer then 20 mins and a charger since mine only charges at a angle. Besides the few hiccups I had it works very well and makes me money. Wish I could say the same about the M2 meter the scope seems to work fine but the amps doesnt read correcly when compared to my fluke

Comment

• MonzaRacer
              • May 2008

charger

For the scanner charger I am using Toshiba speced 19v laptop power supplys.
              One is from aftermarket source the other two are from mine and a buddys Toshiba Satellite laptops.
              The one I have in my bag, is pn#PA3715U-1ACA, 19V 3.95A

I blew up the psu that is to charge my Vantage Pro battery, it was a simple wall wort, it would have charged my battery but it burnt up when I tried to power it up.
              Use the above part number, and look for replacements that match.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
                • May 2008

Let me add this if you could get a great deal on a Edge with European I sure would take it, as the Verdict has been discontinued, if he would allow you to keep the M2 and S3 module you would have extra parts, but wouldnt make it part of a deal. As the Edge is so much faster, and you get a unit upgraded with Win7 over discontinued XP.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Good tip on the battery pack.
                  XP Embedded is still supported for several more years.
                  Joe
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

Working...