Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tloftis
    • Aug 2017

Take a look at my ignition scope signature

Is this a correct ignition signature? It looks like its rise is not high enough. what am I doing wrong? Please lead me lol Please check out these quick videos. sorry, I promise to get better.

Last edited by Tloftis; 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM. Reason: another link
  • Tloftis
    • Aug 2017

Considering that it is throwing a EGR valve code then I think my wave pattern might be messed up because of the turbulence in the combustion.... from the bad egr...

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Maybe the waste spark on the exhaust stroke.getting displayed

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

Do another scope test but this time do all cylinders stacked together then a comparison can be made. Please get your camera angled correctly as videos the wrong way up are difficult to assess

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If you are using the SIA 2000 adapter you should be able to see all the cylinders firing. I think you should have a selection for True or Waste. If it doesn't you may be seeing samples of both, so waste spark usually a lower kv and since the spent gases be rushing out an open exhaust valve , that might be the turbulence you see, which be normal. Maybe if that Mazda truck is using a Ford DPFE sensor, check KOEO voltage should be only about 1 volt if you are going after the EGR code.

Comment

Working...