Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

Ford electric steering rack

Replaced the elec steering rack on a 2011 F150. It has to be initialized but the function isn't in my Solus Ultra 18.2. I was wondering if its a reprogramming function or just a Ford scan tool function.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Is it maybe just an IVD parameter reset ? Or steering angle sensor calibration. Some Fords also have a calibration reset for pull or drift. All should be available in the scanner. The Ford PMI chart doesn't mention any necessary learning or calibration for this vehicle, just flashing it to the vehicle. If it is a new steering rack it will have to flashed and I would recommend flashing even if it was a used rack from a similar vehicle. See pdf
    Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Replaced the elec steering rack on a 2011 F150. It has to be initialized but the function isn't in my Solus Ultra 18.2. I was wondering if its a reprogramming function or just a Ford scan tool function.
      Not sure if another Power steering Control module comes piggybacked as part of the entire assembly and whether the assembly installed is a new or used assembly but the Function Viewer of a Chinaman Maxi Cyst Pro shows it should be able to perform a PSCM (power Steering Control Module)Programmable Module Installation on a 2011 F-150 and possibly save you a subscription purchase if the Apprentice lets you borrow his Port Freight 08 as long as He can borrow your Verus when a scope is needed. You typically need to start with a properly communicating original module plugged in, then it pulls the information and tells when to install the new module, then probably need to be on level ground, steering wheel centered after wheel alignment and perform the IVD reset procedure.

Comment

• STURNER
        • Oct 2014

It was in Ford FJDS. No problems.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Thanks for the solution and update man!!!!

Comment

Working...