X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Waterless Lanolin Handcleaner as Tire Bead lube

I used it to mount my motorcycle tires on rims years ago and can't recall having any problem with tire rubber degrading or tires slipping on the rim under acceleration. I don't do a lot of tires so a gallon of purpose made bead lube is a waste that is not needed often enough and I was considering just using readily available Waterless hand cleaner it to mount some automotive tires on alloy wheels of a Mini van. Anyone ever use it on a regular car tires (Not some drag racing car)and it caused a problem with tire bead turning to mush or slipping on rim on acceleration? I could also use silicone spray , but waterless hand cleaner is cheaper and can go a longer way and can also clean my hands.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Dish soap works fine as well.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      I used it to mount my motorcycle tires on rims years ago and can't recall having any problem with tire rubber degrading or tires slipping on the rim under acceleration. I don't do a lot of tires so a gallon of purpose made bead lube is a waste that is not needed often enough and I was considering just using readily available Waterless hand cleaner it to mount some automotive tires on alloy wheels of a Mini van. Anyone ever use it on a regular car tires (Not some drag racing car)and it caused a problem with tire bead turning to mush or slipping on rim on acceleration? I could also use silicone spray , but waterless hand cleaner is cheaper and can go a longer way and can also clean my hands.
      I would suggest the right lubricant. Dish soap dries out the rubber but it's what some people use.....
      Drop by the tire shop you source the tires from, take one of those wasted water bottles with you, (now you're gonna be politically correct and save the planet re-using those dastardly things...LMAO), flip 'em 5-bucks and get some of the correct fluid. Tape your own label on it and you'll be good to go for the next 5 years. Cheaper than dish soap too at a buck a year....LMAO.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

I've got a No-Mar tire machine for motorcycles (does car tires too).
        Their lube is great, and pretty inexpensive. It lasts forever.

"You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...