Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonage
    • Oct 2010

JONAGE vs THE VERDICT

Nothing but problems with this thing, so I hope there are some nerds at Snap-On diag. who is going to read this and we are going to fix some of these damn glitches and lock ups.
    @ No-Start if you read this it not just one vehicle its all, but it happens more with jeep dodge chry.

Matco Tools Notepad
    theres no car that i can't break.......
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Jonage, I feel your frustration, I too just traded my Verus to get the New Verus2 wireless, I have been getting those same errors on the Verus. as i was tring to find a workaround I found that this seems to only occures on any Fords and that the Battery voltage may have somthing to do. Test the battery and upsell if you can, put battery charger and try to reconect to the Vehicle. disconect the S3 from power to reset it for 10sec or more, also restart the Atlas program. then try to reconnect and perform your testing. if you still have problems, pull out the USB cable and retry. I've been doing this and it seems to be working ok, but i just hate the fact that I traded in a good tool for a problemed one. I'm sure SnapOn will fix it soon because there a lot pissed off poeple out there.. I will be calling techsupport and will post back what they say... meanwhile be patient..
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• jonage
      • Oct 2010

Eddie thanks, and yes I always use a charger on a low amp setting while i diag. any problem on any car. Battery voltage is too importaint on todays vehicles and if the voltage drops too low while you are in a module crazy things start to happen. I think after removing atlas, windows movie maker, and some other unwanted task from the start up menu i have had alot less problems. Do you think this DEPLOYMENT UPDATER failing is causing most of the problems? When I loose internet, thats when I know the glitches and lockup are about to start.
      I know the snapon techsupport number like i know my own. So everytime this Verdict fails i will post about it.....

Comment

• Kris H
        • Apr 2007

Open the start menu then programs and then startup and remove duc from the list. That will prevent the deployment updater from running. Don't know if it's causing the lock ups but it has glitches. You can create a quick launch icon to run it manually when you want to check for updates. Me I'm gonna watch the forums and run it manually when I see a service release is available or just call tech support and have them install an executeable file for these updates. I've had it tell us there was an update available then attept to install it and presto nomore atlas program and all customer vehicles were gone. Good thing we did a back up..
        Last edited by Kris H; 02-15-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

I've seen all these same errors. If you have a car that is a nostart or dies alot the tool is pita

Comment

• jonage
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Kris H
            Open the start menu then programs and then startup and remove duc from the list. That will prevent the deployment updater from running. Don't know if it's causing the lock ups but it has glitches. You can create a quick launch icon to run it manually when you want to check for updates. Me I'm gonna watch the forums and run it manually when I see a service release is available or just call tech support and have them install an executeable file for these updates. I've had it tell us there was an update available then attept to install it and presto nomore atlas program and all customer vehicles were gone. Good thing we did a back up..
            thanks i just removed DUC from the start up menu. and i wish i had known or thought of backing up my car history. Great tip

Comment

• jonage
              • Oct 2010

losing more of my time.......

Comment

• jonage
                • Oct 2010

different problem same car

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by badcoupe
                  I've seen all these same errors. If you have a car that is a nostart or dies alot the tool is pita
                  If a car is a no-start or dies out a lot.....isn't that exactly when you NEED the tool to work properly and relaibly??? ROFLMAO

Comment

• jonage
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Crusty
                    If a car is a no-start or dies out a lot.....isn't that exactly when you NEED the tool to work properly and relaibly??? ROFLMAO
                    yep I have diag a nostart with my Verdict in less than 1 min....and thats a true story.
                    So I am going to be nice to my Verdict today and its going to get me through this random missfire on a 2004 1500 chevy 4.8
                    Cany anyone tell me why my printout looks like this......with all the missing info when printed, even though all the info was filled out on the verdict. this sure would be helpful for my service writer.

Comment

• bgn09
                      • Mar 2011

i just purchased a verdit and had a question bout the duc being removed.how do you go about adding it manually ?with it removed i have yet to have any problems. prior to that it had locked up several times.
                      julian heitz

Comment

• Bltz71
                        • Sep 2011

USB Adaptor

You can buy a USB Adapter from pepboys that plugs into cig Lighter
                        for your power for S3 Module, For Fordssssssssss.
                        Last edited by Bltz71; 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                          • Aug 2010

I have found that on chryslers, NEVER turn the key off while looking at a data list or DTC list. Helps with the "AN ERROR OCCURED" problems. On Ford trucks I have problems alot when I try to setup a custom data list. It will lock up so tight I have to pull the battery. I have a wireless gen II verus BTW.

Comment

Working...