Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Verdict-basic questions

Couple quick questions about the Verdict for myself and some of the other guys looking into the Verdict...
    How many graphs fit on the screen...6? 8? 12?
    Can you have the scanner AND the scope on the same screen as you Verus boys can do while doing Functional Tests and what not?
    Does the OBD1 connectors plug into the D7 or the S3 for communication?
    How far can you get away from the vehicle before you lose signal from the scope and/or the scan module to the D7?
    If I think of more, I'll add them tomorrow
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

And what types of batteries are in the Display, Scope/DMM (rechargeable?), and the Scan Module?
    Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Orevin
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Modis500
      Couple quick questions about the Verdict for myself and some of the other guys looking into the Verdict...
      How many graphs fit on the screen...6? 8? 12?
      Up to 16

Can you have the scanner AND the scope on the same screen as you Verus boys can do while doing Functional Tests and what not?
      Yes

Does the OBD1 connectors plug into the D7 or the S3 for communication?
      S3

How far can you get away from the vehicle before you lose signal from the scope and/or the scan module to the D7?
      I don't think I ever had the D7 and the S3 further apart than 15ft and never lost connection.

And what types of batteries are in the Display, Scope/DMM (rechargeable?), and the Scan Module?
      The D7 and the M2 have rechargeable batteries (the D7 battery is replaceable). No battery in the scanner module.
      -Kai-
      Chicago, IL

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Modis500
        Up to 100 feet in ideal conditions. I regularly do 50 feet in training classes, but Bluetooth can be quirky, and not go through doors or windows, even at short distances.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Lee Brown
          • Mar 2010

Several conditions can affect the range on the Bluetooth connection between the S3 and D7. I think it is advertised at 30ft but I have tested it with a clear line of sight in an open field with a laser range finder to verify distance at 103 yards.

Comment

• Modis500
            • Sep 2012

Awesome help guys, thanks. Considering a possible upgrade, and with Snappy getting the bugs worked out, and the wireless capability, may have to take one for a test run from my dealer. Any other helpful hints/shortcomings/opinions are appreciated

Tom
            Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Licorice
              • Jun 2013

Don't waste you money. It locks up and is slooooooow. Mine has been back to many times and is not working correctaly. Junk out of the box. Also they exchanged it THREE TIMES still bad.The old brick is better.

Comment

• chopperb
                • Aug 2013

Never had a problem with mine locking up.

Comment

• Modis500
                  • Sep 2012

I've noticed that everyone I ask about this tool is either on one side of the fence or the other...Love or hate....And I'm guessing Licorice is running 12.2 on his, heard nothing but nightmares for Verdict owners with 12.2. I'm mainly looking into it for the wireless/keyless adapter and tablet, no plans to use the M2 for more than a Multimeter. Got a Modis for the component testing...Funny thing though, my dealer doesn't even stock one...got everything else available whenever you want one, but always recommends a VerusPro whenever I bring up Verdict questions
                  Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

The Verdict was never a big seller, so I don't blame your Dealer for not having one in stock. I think for the price difference most customers went with a Verus. I had troubles with mine, but it had a hard drive cable that was loose. Got that fixed and it had been reliable since. Mine take a beating though. I fly with my equipment every week, and baggage handlers can be rough on the electronics.

Joe
                    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                    Henry Ford

Comment

• Licorice
                      • Jun 2013

Nope latest and greatest just came back fron SnapOn repair center and still SUCKS. I dare anybody to pull up six graphs go for a test drive for 20 min. To 40 min. And tell me what happens. The whole problem is not enought memory to run all programs. Remember it is only a 256K computer. Also takes 3.5 min. To boot up. My commodore 64 in 1977 was not that slow.
                      Tony O.
                      Oh it was at repair center for 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...