X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveCH
    • Apr 2007

Battery longivity

Hello,

We've had the Verdict for about 2 years now. We bought it used but the dealer put a new battery in it (the one in it would die quickly). Two years later the battery died again.

We have the cradle and the unit is usually on and sitting in it.

Since the battery died so soon, is there a better way to use the Verdict to help the battery longivity?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

Occasionally let the battery fully discharge this will help. I bought the better battery when I replaced mine and it lasts longer off the charger by quite a bit.

Comment

• SteveCH
      • Apr 2007

Thanks.

I'll try leaving it off the charger base during the day, (as usage dictates) and occasionally allow it to discharge completely.

It always seems to build up a lot of heat when on the base.

Steve

Comment

• antthecat
        • Apr 2014

I only charge mine as and when its needed letting mine get nearly flat, plug in the cigarette lighter adapter when scanning, keeps mine topped up.

Comment

• BillMalik
          • Oct 2013

Battery

Does anyone know how much the regular and double life batteries are. Mine just died today.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Here is the link to the better of the two. Think I bought my I-3 Toshiba laptop a year and a half ago for close to that.

Comment

• BillMalik
              • Oct 2013

Holy S*&%

300 bucks? Gotta love proprietary licensing! I hope the regular one is 1/2 that price. I searched for a rebuild or from the manufacturer of them but nobody else sells them. A fair price is under 100. As you say laptop batteries of the same output go for that.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Just make sure the ole battery charger puts out more than the ole girl friend.

I bet since the Verdict works fine off a 12v lighter socket, you could get by with a couple of these cheap 12 V 4500ma lith IOn batteries (one as a spare)

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... If you want to talk codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooter, this is the place!

Comment

Working...