Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AutoTech
    • Apr 2007

Snap On Smart Smoke Machine

Just wondering if It's ready to be sold and if anyone has used it?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

This will be one for Joe Rappa to field for the in dept stuff! He and the guys from World Wide Vapor came down to my shop a few months ago and let me play with it for a bit. I have the 1st generation Snap-on smoke machine and can tell you this was a great purchase. I have had it for about 4 years and have never been sorry that I didn't buy a cheaper unit. The tech support is great also. On the new unit, it can run off of a S.O. rechargeable battery, this is great when starting off your test at the fillerneck area. Many times I would drag a battery back to the rear of the vehicle as the cables were too short on longer vehicles. The smoke on the new machine seems to be more dense which is needed on those hard to find leaks. You can also adjust the flow rate. I ALWAYS use nitrogen never shop air. The only thing I didn't like was the remote. It is a GREAT idea to have but this one is like a key fob, I know I would lose that! Here is a short YouTube video on it

Steve

Comment

• Nickb
      DSD
      • Aug 2007

I have one, and it is great. It is very portable as it comes with a small CO2 tank. Same as a paintball gun tank. It reads pressures and vaccuum also. It has a optional pulsed smoke so that if it is a hard to find smoke it makes it easier to find. And the battery is great. It actually died on me yesterday, and all I needed to do was hook up the 12v aligator clips and keep working.
      DSD

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

I want one!

I want one! I need one. Even though I have an older machine and it still works, I think this is a nice leap in technology.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

I like the pressure/vacuum readings on it best. The low flow mode is handy when you have a leak in a tight spot too.

One word of caution though. Sometimes the pressure/vacuum readings on the scan tool don't match what the gauge reads on the EELD500. Don't get mad at the scan tool or smoke machine. they're working correctly. That's the way the info comes from the PCM.
          Ever scope the injector on-time with a lab scope and notice that the real readings NEVER match what the scanner says? It's because even though the scan tool displays milliseconds, it's not really the case. The same thing appears to be the case with fuel tank pressure readings.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

The new Smart Smoker is Awsome !!! Just using for vacuum leaks so far, the amount of smoke being emitted is a big improvement.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
              The new Smart Smoker is Awsome !!! Just using for vacuum leaks so far, the amount of smoke being emitted is a big improvement.
              That sucker sure does throw some smoke, doesn't it!
              Henry Ford

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Will you guys stop already!!! I just spent my tool allowance on the TPMS3, And now I want this too!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Sorry.
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• eddiesverus
                    • Dec 2008

What's the cost of the new Smoke tester, My Old OTC Leak Master is getting old and I'm in the market for a new smoker. I would intrested in this new tool.
                    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

About $2500.00

Comment

• 66superduty
                        • Apr 2009

i love mine/,had to order gas cap adaptors, love the dye in the smoke

Comment

Working...