Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

Chrysler\Jeep Wirelees Ignition Node

2008 Grand Cherokee. Pretty sure WIN is faulty. Never even heard of one before. From what I gathered when WIN is replaced so must be the column shift actuator, pin # entered into win that you get from a 800 number, another # from spare tpms sensor, 2 key fobs programmed. I think that is all. Has anyone tackeled this before and can it be done with a SolusUltra and a Cardaq M with Techstream or are we dealer bound?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Shane

You can not do this with Snap-on tools. A while back you could with the Autel if you had the PIN# but Chrysler changed the Procedure when they started including new keys with the WIN. Do it wrong and you are buying 2 new keys again. You will need a Wi-tech or Mirco-pod. Techstream is for Toyota, Lexus and Scion.

Steve

Comment

• STURNER
      • Oct 2014

Thanks for the quick response and info. I mis-spoke on the techstream. I meant tech authority. I appreciate the help.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Hope I'm not too late but you might want to check this out , possible recall.
        Attached Files

Comment

• hefaus
          • Dec 2007

Ignition switch

Originally posted by greasybob
          Hope I'm not too late but you might want to check this out , possible recall.
          Wow. Getting worse instead of better. My 07 Pontiac recall for ignition failure was to put an insert on the key so everything attached to it was in the middle of the key..That was special as well..I am sure there is more to come..Hack your vehicle to cause accidents. Another special no brainer by there higher up engineers...Keep smiling.

Comment

• mbren1979
            • Sep 2015

dealer bound

Recently had the same issue with a Grand Caravan. Though I could do it with my Pass Thru Pro. Paid the Subscription to Chrysler and even had the Security Pin from the dealer. Found out Quickly that we could not do it. Had to have mobile guy come out with WiTech and he did it in 10 mins. Worst part about the whole deal was we had seen the recall about it, called the recall hotline, listen to a recorded message that the model year I was working was covered, spoke with operator to be told it was NOT covered by VIN#. Vehicle started fine and left. Customer called back 2 weeks later to inform us they received a letter from Chrysler that it was covered under recall. customer called and did get refund from Chrysler. then she broke down and had it towed to the dealer just to find out the WIN module we put in was defective. Good Job Chrysler!

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

Holy ****! That is some crazy story. :/

Comment

• STURNER
                • Oct 2014

I should have updated this a while back. I saw guy on youtube from Texas that fixes your bad win module. Shipped him my win module and key fobik. He fixed it and I had it back in four days. Plug and play for 149.95 shipped.

Comment

Working...