Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeseboxes
    • Aug 2015

KIA TPS

Have a 2000 KIA Sportage, 4WD, with a 2.0l.
    Am getting code #p0122, throttle position sensor voltage, my Solus troubleshooter said to check askatech, ref. #KA020
    Cannot find anything. Anyone have any hints?
    Thanks
  • salvaje07
    • Jan 2008

Kia issues.

KIA has known issues with the TPS, might be accompanied with some Transmission shift issues. Go to askatech, enter vehicle info, type your code P0122 in the search window and you should get some code definition, and any tips present and a test procedure. If a new TPS is installed, most have to be adjusted.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Cheeseboxes
      Have a 2000 KIA Sportage, 4WD, with a 2.0l.
      Am getting code #p0122, throttle position sensor voltage, my Solus troubleshooter said to check askatech, ref. #KA020
      Cannot find anything. Anyone have any hints?
      Thanks
      Key-ON, engine OFF.
      Look at the TPS Voltage and the TPS PERCENT if that pid is available.
      Then in about 4 or 5 seconds go to Wide Open Throttle.
      I would expect something in the 0.5-V to 1.0-V for a closed throttle and something like 4.98 or 5.02 for a WOT voltage.
      Graph it and save the recording too.

Hook up your Vantage and find the Reference voltage and the ground voltage and the signal voltage. Verify that you have a good ground circuit. Then do the "sweep" from closed to WOT again and save it if you can.

The try a VERY QUICK closed to WOT snap three or four times and see if there is any drop outs.

Graph everything you can and save movies wherever you can.

Copy files to SSC (Shop Stream Connect) and analyse from there on a full size computer screen.

Take it on a road test and do the same thing saving graphs and movies.
      Analyse the recordings in SSC.
      HTH

Comment

• ericsautomotive
        • Mar 2014

In SureTrack, simply enter vehicle info and type in KA020 into the main search window. It pulls up all the info. you are looking for.....
        Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

Working...