Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > SolusUltra User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-09-2015, 04:02 AM

binsulayiem Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default HELP (sos) solus sd corruption

Hello everyone ,
I'M new in here , Mohammed from Oman
I got a solus scanner used from eBay , it was very good until I connected it to my pc by shopstream then an error showed in the screen . I guess a virus infected the sd card and deleted the softwares ,
What is my options to retrieve the software ?
I checked the sd card and was emty exept 1 file user data !
How can I fix this problem?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:07 PM

binsulayiem Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I need a solution please
Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 AM

chaskuss Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by binsulayiem View Post
Hello everyone ,
I got a solus scanner used from eBay , it was very good until I connected it to my pc by shopstream then an error showed in the screen . I guess a virus infected the sd card and deleted the softwares ,
I checked the sd card and was empty, except 1 file user data !
Mohammed,
How did you connect your Solus Ultra to your PC? Or did you simply insert the MicroSD card into a card reader on your PC? I don't own a Solus Ultra, however most Snap On diagnostic tools have a separate partition [usually a hidden partition] that contains an image file to restore the original software. This is similar to the way that computer PC manufacturers store an image file of all the operating system & all original software, as an image file, onto a hidden partition.
When you checked to see what files were still on the microSD card, did you have your computer's folder attributes set to show hidden files, folders and partitions?
What was the error message that you got?
Charlie
Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Exclamation

Quote:
Hello everyone ,
I checked the sd card and was emty exept 1 file user data !
Hi Muhammed , no matter what Solus platform and software version it has, I would think you first need to try and get any suspect virus, malware, or program removed from that PC, CF card, and Solus. Keep PC antivirus protection current, and make it a habit to update it first thing before you go on, and do regular virus scans , don't click on non trusted sites with freebie downloads.
If you can't get Solus to boot far enough to get into Utilities to select Recovery, I would think you would have to call Tech support for guidance, and if you are able to recover anything from a hidden partition, it would be the original software version that came with the card or with the Solus when it was new.
This is exactly what I feared and one reason, I didn't update and got rid of my original Solus I bought used , because of the inability to create a spare backup CF card! I was able to upgrade card size and keep original card as spare for another make of scanner with no problem.

Last edited by Witsend; 01-10-2015 at 07:24 AM..
Old 01-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I doubt the card was erased. It may be corrupted if it won't boot though. There is a way to reload the software on it but I forget the exact sequence of button pushing to make it happen. Call Tech Support and they can walk you through it. If not, you are going to have to get a replacement SD card. That can happen one of 2 ways.
Provide Tech Support with proof of your current update and they can send a new card.
Buy a new software update.

Joe
Old 01-11-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaskusit by View Post
Mohammed,
How did you connecsearched Solus Ultra to your PC? Or did you simply insert the MicroSD card into a card reader on your PC? I don't own a Solus Ultra, however most Snap On diagnostic tools have a separate partition [usually a hidden partition] that contains an image file to restore the original software. This is similar to the way that computer PC manufacturers store an image file of all the operating system & all original software, as an image file, onto a hidden partition.
When you checked to see what files were still on the microSD card, did you have your computer's folder attributes set to show hidden files, folders and partitions?
What was the error message that you got?
Charlie
Thanks charlie ..
I did connect It by shopstream program , i checked and searched for hidden files , unfortunately there is not except 2 files (userdata and scanner ) thise are empty files
I think the virus erased everything
Old 01-11-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Hi Muhammed , no matter what Solus platform and software version it has, I would think you first need to try and get any suspect virus, malware, or program removed from that PC, CF card, and Solus. Keep PC antivirus protection current, and make it a habit to update it first thing before you go on, and do regular virus scans , don't click on non trusted sites with freebie downloads.
If you can't get Solus to boot far enough to get into Utilities to select Recovery, I would think you would have to call Tech support for guidance, and if you are able to recover anything from a hidden partition, it would be the original software version that came with the card or with the Solus when it was new.
This is exactly what I feared and one reason, I didn't update and got rid of my original Solus I bought used , because of the inability to create a spare backup CF card! I was able to upgrade card size and keep original card as spare for another make of scanner with no problem.
Thank you for your help brother..
Iconnected the sd to a fresh windows , Antivirus updated and checked for viruses but not infected but still I cant recover the software , I did format the sd by the tool itself when it was not accessible ! May be this what deleted the softwares
I can access to utilities and use the recovery option but without success!
The program can't boot to the main interface !
Old 01-11-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rappa View Post
I doubt the card waagain sed. It may be corrupted if it won't boot though. There is a way to reload the software on it but I forget the exact sequence of button pushing to make it happen. Call Tech Support and they can walk you through it. If not, you are going to have to get a replacement SD card. That can happen one of 2 ways.
Provide Tech Support with proof of your current update and they can send a new card.
Buy a new software update.

Joe
This is what I think
please help me find a way to reload it again .
Replacement sd how much would be ?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
I did format the sd by the tool itself when it was not accessible ! May be this what deleted the softwares
I believe if you select Format , you formatted the card and erased it's contents , even though they may have already been corrupted.
You could try recovery software to restore the card's contents, if not enough data recovered to work , it might be enough information restored to identify the card contents for tech support to decide whether or not to send you a replacement card. But before you do anything , see what information you can view in Utilities about the Tool or card properties, version level , serial #s, etc and write it all down or take photos of the screen My original Solus had 2 card slots. Some units might have a second card slot , one for software and another for saved files. Maybe you could try recovery software. I was able to recover pictures using Recuva Recovery software.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Last edited by Witsend; 01-12-2015 at 09:14 AM..
Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
I believe if you select Format , you formatted the card and erased it's contents , even though they may have already been corrupted.
You could try recovery software to restore the card's contents, if not enough data recovered to work , it might be enough information restored to identify the card contents for tech support to decide whether or not to send you a replacement card. But before you do anything , see what information you can view in Utilities about the Tool or card properties, version level , serial #s, etc and write it all down or take photos of the screen My original Solus had 2 card slots. Some units might have a second card slot , one for software and another for saved files. Maybe you could try recovery software. I was able to recover pictures using Recuva Recovery software.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva
Yes I tried recuva software , It recovered to many files including intilising license file but that was poor recovering especially for the license file , most of files was excellent recovered !
But the tool still can't boot from the card .
my tool doesn't have 2 slots .only 1