Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > SolusUltra User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Red face

I would try contacting tech support and see what can be done . here is a link to some contacts , hope you can get it working.

http://www.snapon.com/international/Middleeast.asp
Old 01-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Skip Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

If you formatted the sd card, the program is gone.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

Angry Format Card Warning

Quote:
If you formatted the sd card, the program is gone.
Doesn't the Format card option selection in Utilities have any sort of explicit warning to user like "Are you sure? all data will be lost! with a yes or no before proceeding?

Is it even remotely possible for a second hand owner of a used Solus Ultra in the mid eastern country without jumping through a chain of endless hoops with a lone rep in the region ,to ship the suspect card by DSL with the Unit's model and serial number to Snap On Skunk Works , Area 51 street etc, etc ..and just get a working replacement SD card at the device's original software level at minimal cost and hassle without further pissing folk off , reading this.
Again why the MT2500 with interchangeable cartridges and or a scanner make that allows you to make a back up SD card makes sense to me.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 PM

chaskuss Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Doesn't the Format card option selection in Utilities have any sort of explicit warning to user like "Are you sure? all data will be lost! with a yes or no before proceeding?

Is it even remotely possible for a second hand owner of a used Solus Ultra in the mid eastern country without jumping through a chain of endless hoops with a lone rep in the region ,to ship the suspect card by DSL with the Unit's model and serial number to Snap On Skunk Works , Area 51 street etc, etc ..and just get a working replacement SD card at the device's original software level at minimal cost and hassle without further pissing folk off , reading this.
Again why the MT2500 with interchangeable cartridges and or a scanner make that allows you to make a back up SD card makes sense to me.
He can buy a brand new 512 Mb CompactFlash card with 14.4 software bundle on it, direct from Snap On, if the worst comes to the worst. Unfortunately, that won't be at "minimal cost". Then he can put the old CF card in the top CF slot and use it for storing data.
I'm wondering if he installed his software CF card in the top slot, instead of in the left side slot. If he did that, the Modis may well have erased all the software data files.
Charlie
Old 01-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Banned

Hi Chaskuss ,I would think with trouble shooter and all 14.4 has got to take up more room than only 512mb . My DS708 without any troubleshooter didn't have much room left on it's 4GB card before I upgraded to a 16GB 30mb per sec card and kept the 4GB one as a back up ,then again upgraded to a 16GB 40 mb per second card and kept the older 16 GB 30mb per sec card for back up. In all fairness ,Maybe the DS's 4 GBs of data really is just 256 MB of useful material , but large size because redundant in multiple languages and markets, but jammed on the same card? LOL
Mohammed says it's an SD card and device has just one slot, so I don't believe he has the original Solus that had 2 CF slots and used a physically larger card than the later style SD card.
Mohammed is posting in The Solus Ultra Forum but he did not make it clear what Solus platform he actually has and what software level card he had in it that got corrupted, before being formatted , then recovered partially, but still unusable to use as is.
Can't see why , even with a 2nd hand Snap On scanner you would have to be forced to update to 14.4 , or waste the time of a reluctant rep on a truck 300 miles away on the other side of a desert , or waste a service support's time on a phone. Just post a access to a PDF with instructions for a DIY device recovery and if unsuccessful Just ship any corrupted software card with a specific address with $50 for a brand new class 10 replacement card with reloaded software original for your serial number global shipping to any place in the world and Snap On should make good on the original software the tool originally came with in an expedient way. Who the hell wants to pay a grand for a new update to find out they still need to send a device out for repairs ROFLMAO .I would have been Livid if I updated my old Solus and my device still was glitchy or froze graphing 4 pids. It's worth a $50 gamble to try a fresh new card with original software to see how it goes with $50 discount offer for latest update if all goes well .

Last edited by Witsend; 01-13-2015 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 PM

binsulayiem Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thaks friends for help
iam going to keep the legend in the box and keep using maxidas ds708 and launch x431
Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 AM

chaskuss Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaskuss View Post
He can buy a brand new 512 Mb CompactFlash card with 14.4 software bundle on it, direct from Snap On, if the worst comes to the worst. Unfortunately, that won't be at "minimal cost". Then he can put the old CF card in the top CF slot and use it for storing data.
I'm wondering if he installed his software CF card in the top slot, instead of in the left side slot. If he did that, the Modis may well have erased all the software data files.
Charlie
My post above is irrelevant, as I forgot that he has a Solus Ultra. My comments relate only to the older Modis Elite.

Charlie

Last edited by chaskuss; 01-14-2015 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: corrected model error
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 AM

mitricanic Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

If you push Y and N buttons simultaneous an push and hold start button for a few seconds you enter service menu. Here you select GEP2011 and the scanner will load whatever is available. If that is not working you probably erased all data.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:19 AM

Dashinoku Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

some one should clone a fresh update card and see if itll boot on any scanner... if it work we could fix a couple of legacy scanners and get them up to date

Last edited by Dashinoku; 09-07-2016 at 05:45 AM..
Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM

cornelio13 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binsulayiem View Post
Yes I tried recuva software , It recovered to many files including intilising license file but that was poor recovering especially for the license file , most of files was excellent recovered !
But the tool still can't boot from the card .
my tool doesn't have 2 slots .only 1

I have the same problem, I would know if you did can solve it, or a least archive get the files show in this link.

https://www1.snapon.com/Diagnostics/...S-software.htm