Originally Posted by mainauto
So I connected to SSC to update my Solus Edge. It downloaded all the updates and said to disconnected scanner and reboot. Once I rebooted it came on and stated beeping. Gives error code 03004 BOM validation failed. Also says software update failed. I can go into tools by holding the yes no buttons on power up. It will let me boot up using the GEP2013.EXP but once i shut it off and try to reboot it goes back to the error.
There is some information here on this:
Call customer care for assistance, they can help.
Procedure to correct the 03004 error if it happens when installing the 15.2 or 15.4 Service Release on a Solus Edge or Modis Ultra:
This error has been addressed and should no longer occur after 15.4.
- Download the zip file attached to the post and unzip. One of these 4 files is missing and the source of the error. Each file will cause a different error number (4-7) to be displayed. If you are missing one, you are probably missing all 4 so error 4 is the most common. The file names are STP0300.bmp, STP0301.bmp, STP0341.bmp, STP044.bmp.
- Start with the unit Powered off.
- Connect the USB cable between your PC and the unit.
- Press and hold both the Y and N buttons at the same time and while holding them press the power button.
- A Service menu with 3 or 4 selections will be displayed with a “>” pointing to the first selection.
- Use the down arrow key to navigate to “Connect To PC” if it is not the first selection in the list.
- Press Y to select “Connect to PC. Do not select one of the other selections. The PC should now see the unit as a removable drive.
- Open a My Computer or File Explorer Window on your PC. You should see the tool displayed as one of the removable drives. Navigate to the \USERDATA folder on the tool. This is the folder where the unit saves scanner data files and screen captures.
- Copy the 4 files you downloaded to the \USERDATA folder on the tool.
- Press the power button on the tool and press y when prompted to “Power off”.
- Power on the tool to restart the software install. It should go thru the same process it went thru before but now go past the point in the process at which the BOM error was displayed.
- Once it finishes this part of the process, follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the update.