Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dunkar
    • Feb 2015

Asian Import Software

Hi, Do any of the UK Solus Pro or Modis software addons have a separate Asian import section?
    I have a US version which covers US domestic Jap cars and an AU version which covers Jap imports for their market which is good but I cant update these without travelling back the country. Both of these models have Asian Imports as a separate section to US Domestic and AU Domestic cars.

I want one that covers standard UK Domestic and Jap imports for the UK market so I can get local updates.
    The stand alone UK jap list does not cover all import engines.

Hope you understand what I mean
    Thanks
  • chaskuss
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dunkar
    Hi, Do any of the UK Solus Pro or Modis software addons have a separate Asian import section?
    I have a US version which covers US domestic Jap cars and an AU version which covers Jap imports for their market which is good but I cant update these without travelling back the country. Both of these models have Asian Imports as a separate section to US Domestic and AU Domestic cars.

I want one that covers standard UK Domestic and Jap imports for the UK market so I can get local updates.
    The stand alone UK jap list does not cover all import engines.

Hope you understand what I mean
    Thanks
    Dunkar,
    Just wondering if you have tried using ShopStream Connect to update the software on those machines? Perhaps you can update them over the Internet using ShopSteam Connect? Might be worth calling tech support to ask them.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I'm not sure they would update an Australian /US Market Scanner to UK level . I think the only updates you would get without paying to update to UK 14.4 or 15.2 would be some sort of patch to repair a grievous error on their end , not to fill in software holes for free, other wise we would still be getting free downloads for sinkholes from back in the 90's

Comment

• chaskuss
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chaskuss
        Dunkar,
        Just wondering if you have tried using ShopStream Connect to update the software on those machines? Perhaps you can update them over the Internet using ShopSteam Connect? Might be worth calling tech support to ask them.
        Just found this page regarding how to use ShopStream Connect for the Modis

This is for your Solus Pro

This info tells how to use ShopSteam Connect to install Service Released to the software bundles, sort of like Windows Update does for your PC.
        Last edited by chaskuss; 02-09-2015, 01:17 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

• Dunkar
          • Feb 2015

Hi, thanks for the replies I not tried ssc i thought I'd ask the question first to see if any one knew if there was anything avail in UK for imported models before I tried it and pay for anything. I been looking around and not seen a UK supplied unit with it on yet.

Comment

• Dunkar
            • Feb 2015

Hi, I was just wondering is this forum actually run by Snap On or is it just a bunch of people trying to help each other out?

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Yes, this forum is hosted by Snap-On but the members here are not necessarily part of Sna-On
              Mostly good people here who do try to lend a hand.

Comment

• maven
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                Yes, this forum is hosted by Snap-On but the members here are not necessarily part of Sna-On
                Mostly good people here who do try to lend a hand.
                Except me...Im just here for the cookies.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by maven
                  Except me...Im just here for the cookies.
                  Careful, you have an image to maintain-!! LMAO

You too could turn "crusty"-!!! LMAO

Comment

• Dunkar
                    • Feb 2015

Oh ok, it seems my question appears to be a simple one that no one can answer I'm not going to connect my tool to SSC on the off chance it will update as it might wipe my current software car coverage.

Poor service if Snap On employees are on here.

I mean its not really difficult to get the same software (either US, Asian Import or AU) sent around the world.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

I don't think SSC will fill in any holes in coverage in older software. Whatever free patches or updates are available would likely be system related. Wouldn't hurt to get SSC then see if it can check your card and list if an update or patch is needed, then call support and see if doing it could break something else.

I like that you can update whenever you feel like checking for them for 12mo with some competitor's tools

Comment

• Dunkar
                        • Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your response however up dating my AU Import Software is not really the original question.

I want to buy a Brand New Snap on machine and my question is......

Can I get separate Asian Import Software as well as UK market software on the machine?

Being told by Snap On people to download SSC and go figure it out myself is not really an answer. I was diverted to this forum from the Snap On website which says it is a Product Forum. Excuse my frustration in believing this was the place for such a simple question.

If people don't know then they should just say so.

I work importing Jap cars to Uk and my 14.4 Modis has not even got Nissan Skyline in product list for any year let alone the different engine variants they come in.
                        Last edited by Dunkar; 02-16-2015, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

you have current coverage for wrong side of pond

Can I get separate Asian Import Software as well as UK market software on the machine?

Hi Dunkar , Sorry most of the folk on here are from the USA and don't know. If I had to venture a guess , Being that SO software is very proprietary , specific Market based , I would say you cannot run UK market Asian car coverage and USA market Asian car coverage side by side on the same tool at this time or even be able to swap between 2 different version cards , even if paid and registered to your tool without running into issues. I think that if you are getting cars all over the Globe, a Chinese Scanner has more coverage Globally and you just select the specific market the car is from, left or right side driver, etc, etc. The Chinglish isn't too bad . I was never a Spelling Nazi anyway , and tossing in Typos makes for being a more efficient Internet Troll anyway when you know it irks certain folk, LOL
                          I found link to UK Customer service below. Hope they can be more helpful to answer your simple question.

I would possibly ask Scott Mechanic if he has UK Asian model coverage in his Modis and how complete coverage seems to be for him .If you click members list on blue bar on top and alphabetically look him up, you may be able to send him a private message or email him.

I have a MaxiDas here in the USA that I think if I moved to UK it can work just as great , or just as sh@tty, or decide not to communicate with a certain model car , just as it does over here.
                          Last edited by Witsend; 02-16-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                            Snap-on DSD
                            • Aug 2007

Hi thanks for your response however up dating my AU Import Software is not really the original question.

Being told by Snap On people to download SSC and go figure it out myself is not really an answer. I was diverted to this forum from the Snap On website which says it is a Product Forum. Excuse my frustration in believing this was the place for such a simple question.

I work importing Jap cars to Uk and my 14.4 Modis has not even got Nissan Skyline in product list for any year let alone the different engine variants they come in.
                            I'm pretty sure the Australian scanner has vehicles from multiple markets on it. That would be North American, European and Asian Markets. For the folks that aren't familiar with that, it means that Toyota might make a Corolla for the US Market and the Asian Market, but they would require different software to talk to the cars from each market. It is my understanding that South America and Australia could have cars from any market, so they need 3 different software packages to communicate with the vehicles there.
                            I don't know how you would get one unless you were there. I know they aren't available in the US.

Hope that helps.

Joe
                            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                            Henry Ford

Comment

• maven
                              • Mar 2014

The vast majority of people on this forum are just regular guys like you. Very few people here actually work for SnapOn. Largely just a typical forum community like any other on the web.

Comment

Working...