Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

P0400 ???

Now, honest views please, i would just like to ask the question, if you got code P0400, with out any description, what would you expect this system to be ? .................

This could possibly turn into 1 of those pole type questions, i would just like to know generally what you would expect this to be, me, i would relate it to the EGR system.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • lukiep
    • Dec 2011

If it was me i would be looking at the EGR system

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Well, i agree there, the egr system, but it gets very confusing when you get the code with the following description, get it many times with a certain manufacturer.

P0400 : critical system INJECTION PUMP malfunction 2

So to date, not sure wether the wording is write or the code is right, if the info is wrong then more errors from the SO group.
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• leemack
        • Jul 2010

I think it can be either codes depending on what system it is, Bosch diesel systems on Vauxhall use this code for either but you realy need a description to help.

Could actually be egr control fault still.

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

p 0400 and above usually point to egr performance or feedback...could be anything from sticky egr to blockage in exhaust,faulty airmass unit or even air leak lots to go for really.

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

cheers for the views, vaux obviously have their reasons for wording the code as they do, probably to stop people like us sorting the fault and take it back to the dealer to resolve, choice of wording with code makes it sound expensive and do you really want to get involved if you understand where im coming from.

Any way - yep, vac pipes - & a deffective crankshaft sensor. Found 3 vac pipe rubber joiners perished, and 1 i kept missing, seem to be running smooth now, a little smokey, but working on that being the age and HIGGGHHH mileage of the thing
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Damien
              • Dec 2007

Hi Andybaz,
              what year was the vehicle?
              Remember diesels didn't have to be EOBD compliant until 2004. So if you look at the fault code list for the 2005 Vectra C Z19DT, then P0400 is an EGR fault.
              Just because they have a sixteen pin connector and use P-codes doesn't mean it has to be exactly correct.
              regards,
              Damien

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

Yep, i know about the 2004 for diesel, which some manufacturers did not meet, little bit slow conforming and 01 for petrols, but the cost we pay in software charges, i would have thought that the SO group would have worded the software differently,not to worry getting there. Cheers for your input.
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

does anybody use obd?? or just stick to the manufacturers program?. a nice little question to set off a big debate i bet

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

Well i wont ly , when i do a read/plug in, i check the eobd option an then go to the manufacturer link aswell, BUT i dont use my gear half as much as every body else on here, it is my own personell kit for after work hours use, so although i have had for 3yrs, i am still learning with it, all self taught from experience yes including error's, an asking here from the knowledgable for advice/views and guidance, then going away and having another go at working out what the problem is.

Thank you to all who have commented and assisted, and thank you mark
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Damien
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by andybaz
                      Yep, i know about the 2004 for diesel, which some manufacturers did not meet, little bit slow conforming and 01 for petrols, but the cost we pay in software charges, i would have thought that the SO group would have worded the software differently,not to worry getting there. Cheers for your input.
                      Hi Andybaz,
                      This is the same code as you would get from the Opel Tech II. And when searching through the technical information system, you would search for P0400 - Critical system malfunction. So it is not a Snap-on issue. If Snap-on had changed the text for code P0400, then it would be more difficult to get additional information for the code from third party sources. This would cause confusion for the user.
                      Regards,
                      Damien

Comment

Working...