• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Surgeon
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by lottysvdub
    Right guys just an update for you .
    My Solus died on monday while doing some basic ABS checks on a Peugeot 307
    Screen flashed several times and then a fatal error message popped up ans the system froze to the point of having to remove the battery to power the unit down .
    I contacted Snap on technical support via e mail quite late monday night and vented my fustrations and concrens regarding my Solus system that wasnt even 2 months old .
    tuesday morning i had a reply regarding the problems with a couple of suggestions on what to do , 1st being a system restore that did nothing at all to the solus , 2nd was to get my dealer to carry out an emergancy recovery of the unit from his base unit on his van . This was done today by my dealer who was really apologetic regarding the problems . So far it seems to be workng ok , ive not had much of a chance to really play with it as most of today ive been rebuilding a gearbox .
    I would also like to say ive had 2 e mails from snap on's customer service team regarding the problems and in all fairness have been really helpful .
    Fingers crossed this will be the end of the problems and of course i will keep you up to date if i have any other problems .....
    Seems like Snap on do care about there customers .... or have i been lucky this time

I have always found Head Office to be accomodating and I personally think that my Rep is the best in the UK.

To get a simple "dunno" is more than insulting, if the support was there via your rep, your tool would have been sorted from the get go IMO.

Still, nice to hear that there was light at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

• lottysvdub
      • Nov 2011

Latest update is my Solus is still working well with no hiccups....... Fingers crossed.... Just been told I have to do a software update via shopstream so hopefully I won't have any issues after that's been done. Regarding my dealers attitude it turns out he's retiring in the next couple of months and isn't that interested but top quality customer care from snap on UK.

Comment

Working...