• Show
Clear All
  • ronald316
    • Oct 2018

zeus connection

has anyone connected there zeus to a pc monitor and what did you use
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

I'm using an Acer 22" connected to the charging cradle with my Verus Edge. When I take it home (with the cradle) sometimes I connect it to a 20" touchscreen monitor I have and it works great on there too.
    The Verus Edge and Zeus are the exact same hardware and they use the same cradle. The shop's Zeus connects equally well and exactly the same.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

has anyone connected there zeus to a pc monitor and what did you use
      I think if you have the docking station it might have an HDMI port that you could even connect the HDMI cable to a big HD TV which often much cheaper than a comparable size LCD monitor , but sooner or later I'm sure some flying sh@t would find the big screen.

Comment

• ronald316
        • Oct 2018

zeus connectoin

thanks for the reply i was wondering if i could hook it up with usb 3.0 using a plugable display adapter.thanks for info you would think the price off this tool they would include the charging dock

Comment

• ronald316
          • Oct 2018

zeus and monitor

ok every one that is intrested in doing this instead of snapon dock you can use a kvm usb 2.0 switch for your monitor if you want to use a laptop and the zeus on 1 monitor .and then you need a display link usb 3.0 plugable multi-display adapter.to plug in to zeus and download the drivers from there.and you can use a logitech wireless key board with mouse pad or use a logitech wireless mouse.hope this helps anyone that wants to do this with there zeus scan tool

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

Nice! We got the cradles with ours so never looked into using the on-board USB ports. The cradles have HDMI, VGA, and USB ports. I keep a keyboard and trackball plugged into mine.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

I use Chromecast. Cheap and easy

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

Casting to what? You have a wi-fi capable TV on a tool cart or something? Just curious.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by GypsyR
                  Casting to what? You have a wi-fi capable TV on a tool cart or something? Just curious.
                  Not sure if you're joking, but the tv itself doesn't need to have wifi. Why would it? The chromecast connects to the wifi and the TV is just a receiver. Again,not sure if you're joking when you asked me that question. Yes, chromecast works with the Zeus, why wouldn't it???

Comment

• GypsyR
                    • Jul 2017

No, no joking. I'm just asking how you have yours set up. Are the TV and scanner together, across the room, on a cart, what?
                    I hadn't thought of using a TV. I recycled this Verdict setup for my Verus.

Boss bought a similar cart but the monitor he had in mind won't fit in the lid like he wanted (like mine). I think there's a spare smallish TV around that might do the job. With HDMI we wouldn't need Chromecast but it's an interesting option to display the data on a fixed TV while the cart/scanner is somewhere else. Might look into that.
                    It's not a big priority but we're looking at different ways to organize our diagnostic stuff.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                      • Apr 2011

That's my mistake. Since this is the Zeus Forum, I thought that was what you were using. So it won't work with the tool you have in the picture. Or maybe someone else knows. Again, my mistake. With the more expensive tools. like the zeus, they have internal wifi chips. So you can use chromecast.

Comment

• GypsyR
                        • Jul 2017

Well. As I said, I am now using the Verus Edge in that cart for the Verdict. The Verdict has been replaced, that's an old picture.

Newer diagnostic carts have screens mounted on brackets that just stand them above the cart. I have mounted my touchscreen monitor at home that way but am thinking I might like it better in the cart at work and take the non-touch Acer home instead. My boss wants to set up a cart like mine with the screen inside the lid, not outside all the time.

I could care less how anyone actually connects to a monitor or TV, I'm after ideas of how other people have mounted theirs. IE, pictures of their setups.

Like this is mine, as of a few minutes ago. I would like to add a tray or something at the front for the keyboard.

Here is the shop Zeus until we figure out a better setup for it.

My Verdict has wifi and USB ports buit is at home. I'm thinking of selling it so I can probably leave it out of this thread.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Wireless screen mirroring could open more possibilities than everything stuck ala-carts. I think I would just get a $49 Actiontec Screenbeam Mini 2 reciever and a $35 Actiontec USB Transmitter (used for Legacy Window 7 and 8 laptops that don't natively support screen mirroring) and see if you get your Edge to mirror screen off a LCD TV fine and wirelessly. An LCD TV is way cheaper for size than a monitor. If it works, then you aren't dependent on Googe Chrome and Shop's WIFI like you need to be using Chromecast and getting WIFI passwords from boss or having Edge resting in a docking station in cart with cables attached, and a TV or monitor bolted to the cart. You could lower dozens of 32"$119 LCD TVs from the ceiling in front of vehicles or work bench and use as shop target practice for fun when bored before you get anywhere close to the $ cost of The Real McToy, and you could still use what LCD TVs survived to watch free over the air TV with a digital antenae hopefully In less than 10 years I will hopefully be able to score one of these beauties super cheap like my Counselor 2 to complement a great deal on my used $1500 Verus Edge with Final Legacy update 2026. Well $1500 in ten years to a Bottom Feeder Bastard by then be like $800 now, Lol.
                          Last edited by Witsend; 11-01-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• ronald316
                            • Oct 2018

my set up

https://postimg.cc/n9mq8mNp here is my set up the zues is inside the top and my laptop is in there also

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Very cool ,Not sure how I would do it , but it definitely be on the cheap for sure and if I had a Windows 7 laptop or a Windows 7 Verus Edge I would try to make it so it could wirelessly mirror the screen to an LCD screen using a small USB dongle and and same brand HDMI receiver on a cheap dumb LCD TV. (If it doesn't work on an Edge you can still use the receiver for Android phones and Windows laptop I would likely use a galvanized metal stud as a mounting post to a cheap bulk Item cart, and add a fold out work panel. I am not sure how well LCD monitors or TVs would work and hold up out in a cold damp shop you can often see breath in the wintertime so probably be relegated back to being a catch- all for hand tools within a few years anyhow
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Witsend; 11-01-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...