Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racingdave
    • Jul 2009

PassthruproII

Has anyone tryed the new J2534 tool box yet?It looks good might take some getting familiar with. Today i replaced the pcm in a dodge ram 3500 5.9., in the old toolbox i could easily wright vin and odometer to all chrysler pcm's,in the new tool box i found it easy to rewright vin but how do you wright mileage ?i had to go back to the old version to do that.It says skim reset but it didnt do anything but erase the vin .It doesnt display anyplace to wright the mileage like the old toobox.
    Last edited by racingdave; 07-19-2010, 03:28 PM. Reason: miss spell
  • Rich Barton
    • Sep 2007

Mileage

Originally posted by racingdave
    Has anyone tryed the new J2534 tool box yet?It looks good might take some getting familiar with. Today i replaced the pcm in a dodge ram 3500 5.9., in the old toolbox i could easily wright vin and odometer to all chrysler pcm's,in the new tool box i found it easy to rewright vin but how do you wright mileage ?i had to go back to the old version to do that.It says skim reset but it didnt do anything but erase the vin .It doesnt display anyplace to wright the mileage like the old toobox.
    Hi Racingdave,

What year dodge are you working on?

The j2534 devices dont really reset the mileage.
    The mileage on the cluster is stored in different places some in the cluster and some in the bcm or front control module.

The mileage write you was looking for is the reset SRI this sets the mileage in the pcm only it does not change the mileage in the cluster.
    it was used with old dodges as a maintence light. to turn on after so many miles like 02 sensor check etc,

The skim reset you spoke of will rewrite the skim security to the next key cycle on dodges with skim security.

If your truck has skim security it would not start or start and die, till the security was reset with your snap Jbox or the pin number was installed with the DRB 3 to make things happy.

The cardaq and the Snap on pass thru pro 2 are the only Jbox"s to have this feature yet that I am aware of.

Hope this helps
    Rich Barton
    C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• racingdave
      • Jul 2009

The truck is a 2000 Dodge ram 3500 with a 5.9, the pcm was replaced because of a transmission issue, it went fine truck runs great. Iam puzzeld because if you hook the passthruproII to the vehicle you can read mileage and you can read vin with the old TOOLBOX software the passthru pro comes with.The new TOOLBOX SOFTWARE doesnt have a place to read the mileage or change it.I was told if we dont put the correct mileage in when we change these pcm's we could end up with a drivability issue.I simpley opened up the old tool box to do that ,it would work anyway without putting in the mileage but i think when you rewright the vin that is what resets the antitheft.OPEN OLD TOOLBOX J2534 .CHOOSE FLASHING.CHOOSE CHRYSLER/JEEP/DODGE CHOOSE RESET SRI you can wright milage.How do you do that with the updated toolbox that was suggested to use.

Comment

• Rich Barton
        • Sep 2007

The truck is a 2000 Dodge ram 3500 with a 5.9, the pcm was replaced because of a transmission issue, it went fine truck runs great. Iam puzzeld because if you hook the passthruproII to the vehicle you can read mileage and you can read vin with the old TOOLBOX software the passthru pro comes with.The new TOOLBOX SOFTWARE doesnt have a place to read the mileage or change it.I was told if we dont put the correct mileage in when we change these pcm's we could end up with a drivability issue.I simpley opened up the old tool box to do that ,it would work anyway without putting in the mileage but i think when you rewright the vin that is what resets the antitheft.OPEN OLD TOOLBOX J2534 .CHOOSE FLASHING.CHOOSE CHRYSLER/JEEP/DODGE CHOOSE RESET SRI you can wright milage.How do you do that with the updated toolbox that was suggested to use.
        Hi racingdave,

Can you put a screen shot up here of the new toolbox software you got with the skim feature
        so we can see it?

There should be a be a reset SRI icon left side.
        Rich Barton
        C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• sarg88
          • Apr 2009

where did you get the new toolbox. are you talking about the new chrysler only toolbox/program, or a new j2534 updated tool box? from drew tech.

Comment

• racingdave
            • Jul 2009

New tool box

Do you have a pass thru proII? When you buy the tool from snapon it comes with a disk, download and run the software and you will see J2534 tool box i have been using , i use it when iam replacing a pcm more so then just flash updating .Just recently i opened the toolbox and the software directed me to a drew tech. web site for an update so i did it seems user friendly but i couldnt rewright the mileage with it i had to revert back to the old toolbox to do that.The new toolbox file is J2534TOOLBOX1.16.http://www.drewtech.com/downloads/index.html This is were i got it and now it seems as it has updated again http://www.drewtech.com/downloads/j2...%20Release.exe Let me know if you got it.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Just recently i opened the toolbox and the software directed me to a drew tech. web site for an update so i did it seems user friendly but i couldnt rewright the mileage with it i had to revert back to the old toolbox to do that.The new toolbox file is J2534TOOLBOX1.16.
              Dave

Not sure about your version but there is a newer one now 1.0.0.20
              It has what you want.

SP32-20101003-191127.jpg

Steve

Comment

• racingdave
                • Jul 2009

tool box 2

Can you give me a link as to were i can download the program,my old one seems to have gotten corupt.cant seem to find it on drew tech site the toobox 2 on the site downloads but wont open up guess iam back to using the ppII software.

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Dave

It's still on the index page you posted, just the software link is different because they have a new version. Here is the link to the index page again

Steve

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

microsoft Netframework 3.5 and embedded XP

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the new J2534 Pass Thru Pro 2 tool box to load on their Verus. I tried the down load from the Drew technologies site. It seems it requires Microsoft Net frame work 3.5 which is not compatable with the embedded XP on the Verus. Does the new Verus use the same embedded version of XP ?
                    Last edited by greasybob; 03-20-2011, 09:40 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Marc Sc
                      • Mar 2007

passthru pro and skim reset

That's very strange... I just talked with tech support and Andy is affirmative : they dont have this function in there toolbox...

Did someone actually tried using Drewtech toolbox with a PSP2?

to buy or not to buy:confused
                      Marc
                      Technician

Comment

• Steve6911
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Marc Sc
                        That's very strange... I just talked with tech support and Andy is affirmative : they dont have this function in there toolbox...

Did someone actually tried using Drewtech toolbox with a PSP2?

to buy or not to buy:confused
                        Marc

Go to their site and down load the toolbox

No need to have a Pass-thru-Pro or Cardaq to check it out, go to the Chrysler tab and you will get the screens that are in my post. It's in there, it just doesn't work. And yes I use the ToolBox2 with the Pass-thru-pro

Steve

Comment

• Steve6911
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Marc Sc
                          I steve, I know the function his there on Cardaq toolbox, is it exactly the same software that SO provide with the PSP2 ?
                          If so, tech support at SO should update their infos.
                          You download the Cardaq Toolbox and use it with the Snapon PTPII. Snap-on does not supply this Drewtech does.

Steve

Comment

Working...