Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idave03
    • Mar 2011

Buggy software??

Hi Ive been using a modis with 10.4 for a few weeks now and generally its been great. I had a few gripes though and im wondering if maybe im doing something wrong. Ive used the "Idle Volume Relearn" feature for Nissans a few times now and its worked great but today I came across a 01 Nissan Sentra 1.8L that wouldnt let me do the relearn. I get to the screen right before the process begins and I press "Y" to continue but the modis just seems to lock up every time. I let it sit for a good 15min just to see what would happen and eventually I got some sort of error. I tried a co workers modis with 11.4 and it went through the relearn on the first try. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the relearn. I understand that sometimes it take a few tries to get it work and the no load and at operating temp conditions have to be met precisely. On other Nissans however I can get to the screen with the progress bar and at least I know that the modis is trying to do the relearn. On this sentra I can never get to that screen. Im stuck on the previous screen which states the conditions that have to be met and to wait the "process complete" . Also I was working on an 03 ford explorer xlt 4.0L. I had a door ajar switch problem. I wanted to access the "central security module" with the scanner to see which door it wasnt recognizing as closed. I searched and searched but i couldn't find anything related to the door ajar switches. I finally gave in and took the drivers door panel off to check the switch but it turned out the the passenger door switch that wasnt closing properly. Anyways Ive accessed the door status info on other fords through the GEM module and its worked great but i just couldn't find on this particular explorer. Anyways sorry for rambling on my question is if anyone else has encountered these bugs and/or what other issues have u guys come across with your scanners?
Working...