Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roadracer587
    • Mar 2012

Keyboard with MODIS

When you hook up a keyboard with the MODIS are there any keys other than the Y and N keys that work? I have installed a keyboard and seem to only be able to use the Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys and the Y and N Lettered keys. The keyboard also has a mouse and the arrow appears on the screen and I can move it around but the buttons on the mouse do not do anything. What am I doing wrong.
    No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by roadracer587
    When you hook up a keyboard with the MODIS are there any keys other than the Y and N keys that work? I have installed a keyboard and seem to only be able to use the Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys and the Y and N Lettered keys. The keyboard also has a mouse and the arrow appears on the screen and I can move it around but the buttons on the mouse do not do anything. What am I doing wrong.
    You are not doing anything wrong.
    The Modis application does not use the mouse, just the Y,N, and arrows for navigation (either from the buttons on the unit or the keyboard if plugged in). The keyboard can be used to enter notes when a file is saved rather than waiting until the file is moved to a PC
    Some will use a keyboard when their Modis is on a Cart with a monitor and like using the keyboard instead of the Modis thumbpad. That's going to depend on personal preference and how you are using the Modis.

Comment

• roadracer587
      • Mar 2012

Thank You for the quick response and the info. Still learning the tool.
      No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!

Comment

Working...