Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BAD.IMG
    • Nov 2013

Considering J2534

Hello. I'm new to progamming. I'm looking into J2534 devices and have a few questions. Firstly, Snap on's Pass Thru Pro III looks identical to Drewtech's CarDaq plus 2, is it? And it's software toolbox? The CarDaq plus 2 webpage suggests that it is capable of several OEM diagnostics, like : GDS2, Techwin, Techstream, IDS, HDS.... does that mean it comes with software capable of OEM diagnostics too? If so, is this true for the PTPIII as well? What are the limitations to J2534 and J2534-2? How many computers are out there that I can't program with one of these?
    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    Tom
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Like most people out there who have Snap-on accounts, I went and purchased the PTP2, but in reality, CarDaq is the ones who basically created these tools. So many companies purchase from CarDaq and plaster their logo on it or use their tech. Point being if ur looking to buy a J2534 I would highly recommend CarDaq 2. Brand new and it supports all of OEM software. All OEM programming goes through each company. Usually u have to install a bunch of drivers and files to be able to run each OEM's software. Ford and GM are easy, they usually guide u into which programs/files/etc u need to install to run their software. But as u go into programming, always ask here. I'm around daily and can help u if I can along with everyone here. Now u will need a laptop. There are some OEM's who get their software from the same company, so when u try to install 2 OEM software who use the same company to make it, u will have problems. I always recommend a laptop with Windows 7 32 bit. I wouldn't even bother to install antivirus or anything the like into it. Causes more headaches than anything with the programs. So if u wanna surf the net, do it on another device. Windows 7 64 bit is also stable. There's a ton of info more I could write, but better answered when u have a car to program to answer. Ford, Chevrolet and BMW(Not sure about anti-theft) will let u program/code/flash any module u want. The rest are a bit harder since u will need the ORIGINAL OEM TOOLS to do any of that.

Comment

Working...