Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yorktrans
    • Mar 2015

05 ford escape used pcm vin number

installed used pcm into 05 ford escape 3.0 as requested by customer, locksmith programed key, car runs great, except abs light on, I guess the abs module wants to see the right vin number in the pcm? c1805 (mismatched pcm) and b2900 (VIN MISMATCH) codes. If I do a reflash will I be able to rewrite the correct vin into the used pcm, and not have to call in the locksmith again? long story short on this vehicle, replaced coils, plugs and pcm, as per tsb 10-18-10 for no start and all cylinder misfire codes, and let the customer provide the parts as a favor to a good customer.
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

So yes, Pabliniboy is correct. I've been doing it wrong. >_< All you have to do is reprogram the PCM. You don't have to do an As Built Data with this, but it'll ask you to insert new PCM and take out the old one. Just press continue, then follow instructions. After all this, you will need to do PATS. You need 2 keys for this to work and 10 minutes of your time. Make sure to have good battery voltage or something might get fried. After that, you'll be all set.
    Last edited by ToltecasChavez; 04-09-2016, 08:55 AM. Reason: Wrote correct way of programming to get rid of VIN Mismatch code from ABS moodule

Comment

• Pabliniboy
      • Mar 2011

You need to program the pcm with the correct vin number, then most likely do the pats again

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Two keys required

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
        So yes, Pabliniboy is correct. I've been doing it wrong. >_< All you have to do is reprogram the PCM. You don't have to do an As Built Data with this, but it'll ask you to insert new PCM and take out the old one. Just press continue, then follow instructions. After all this, you will need to do PATS. You need 2 keys for this to work and 10 minutes of your time. Make sure to have good battery voltage or something might get fried. After that, you'll be all set.
        I have installed a used PCM into a Ford several times now and I always just add the current keys to the PCM. If someone had the original keys that were married to this PCM they wouldn't turn in the ignition anyways. If you don't erase the original keys you don't need two. The only time I would consider erasing the existing keys is if the customer lost them or they were stolen. Keep in mind too that they must be two different keys. Some aftermarket keys are now cloned and therefore don't count as two keys and the system will not let you try.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Just to sort it out in my head, by adding the keys, u mean just do the 10 minute wait and program the keys? Because if yes, then yeah I can do that, but the problem with that is that the ABS light will turn on. This is bc the VIN is different in the PCM(used). In new PCM it won't have it and you will still have to program the PCM, which will go through a VIN check process before programming it. That's what I'm thinking anyways.

Comment

Working...