X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Nissan Rogue Hub replacement headache

The front wheel speed sensors are not serviced with the front wheel bearing hubs but have to be removed from the steering knuckle before removing the wheel bearing hub assemblies . The sensor was seized in the knuckle and it could not be pried or rotated out from the outside of the knuckle , so i used a cut off wheel and removed a section of metal from the inboard side of bearing and got lucky working it from the inside out from the magnet end and saved breaking a $200 speed sensor.
    Attached Files
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Good work, most would have disregarded and destroyed the sensor. Nice Tip.

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

nice job and good tip
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Even though I was able to work the sensor up about 3/8" it was too tight to twist and pry it out the rest of the way from the top , and I found a part from my old Plymouth voyager (rear brake prop valve link) that ground on the wheel so it wasn't too sharp with a small 90degree offset to work it out further up the hole from the bottom the rest of it's travel. Time consuming ,yes, but I saved it You might be tempted to just pry it upwards enough to clear the removal of the old hub and installation of the new one , but I resisted the temptation.I ?wanted it completely removed to ream the hole of rust, clean everything out and coat sensor with dielectric silicone so removal would be a snap in the event the sensor had sustained unseen damage and needed to be replaced.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Witsend; 10-08-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Good thinking to fabricate a tool to achieve the desired result.
          May I suggest the Purple Permatex Ultra brake lube instead of di-electric grease-? I find it doesn't wash out or disappear with the road conditions we have up here. You want to talk RUST-!! Just ask me-!! lol

Comment

Working...