Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19mopar
    • Oct 2010

2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7

Having an issue with a 2000 Dodge intrepid with a 2.7. Vehicle is sluggish with low power. a little history on vehicle: Vehicle has 96000 miles. Timing chain, tensioner,guides, and water pump replaced at 76000 mile with mopar parts. Oil changes have been done every 2500-3000 miles and customer has slips. Test drove vehicle and here is the dataGeri Knutson 2000 intrepid 2.7 test drive2.PIDS. performed back pressure test, ok. Fuel pressure is 56 psi KOEO. Check fuel quality,ok. Checked fuel volume 9 oz in 7 seconds, all data said 8 oz in 7 seconds, ok. Noticed some blowby and customer states vehicle uses a qt of oil to 1000 miles. Scoped cam and crankGeri Knutson 2000 intrepid 2.7 cam crank3.JPG Wave forms looks good to me. Is it possible that one of the cams or the right main cam sprocket is off but won't show up on the waveform because of the cam sensor on the left cam gear. Here are some pids at idleGeri Knutson 2000 intrepid 2.7 idle pids.PIDS The thing that jumps out at me is the downstream o2 sensors seem a little high and the long term fuel % seem high and never go into the +. Just looking for other input before removeing covers to inspect timing marks. Thanks

Darren Nelson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 19mopar; 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

I'd be suspicious of the front oxygen sensors being "shifted" or biased sending incorrect data, or the injectors overfueling and washing down the cylinder walls.
    Just where I would look first before pulling things apart.

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

junk 2.7

if you have a pressure transducer you could take out a spark plug to check timing. on the quart of oil loss check the pcv system with a smoke machine. blow smoke into the dipstick tube, take out the pcv valve; you should see smoke flowing freely out of the pcv hole. if not thats why its using oil.

Comment

• Papawrench
        • Dec 2009

Not Timing

It cant be timing if your off one tooth anywhere cmp will not allow the engine to start"old chysler diag" no start un plug cmp ecu goes into limp in and car will start.so it is not timing

Comment

Working...