Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

SSC suggestion

I have noticed that if I am using the Custom Data List function on what ever Snap-on scanner I am using, that it will still show all the PIDs that have been eliminated. (de-selected) during the custom data list function on the scanner.

I had thought that the scanner "dumped" the PIDs for good. Since SSC picks up the previously de-selected PIDs, is a real time waster re-arranging PIDs when trying to situate the graphs where you need them.

Since the EDIT function is not functioning, this can be a real pain.

I didn't save the pre-dragged PID data screen from Verdict here, but the following screenshots give you an idea of what it looks like with all the previously de-selected PIDs still on the screen uselessly and all reading zero:

20101024-0917-1.jpg

20101024-0922-1.jpg

To be honest, I thought the old VERUS program did that automatically. If the PIDs were deselected, I thought they did not show in SSC.
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Bob,
    I will pass this along to the development team. Thanks for the pics they will help.

Regards
    Jay

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
      I have noticed that if I am using the Custom Data List function on what ever Snap-on scanner I am using, that it will still show all the PIDs that have been eliminated. (de-selected) during the custom data list function on the scanner.

I had thought that the scanner "dumped" the PIDs for good. Since SSC picks up the previously de-selected PIDs, is a real time waster re-arranging PIDs when trying to situate the graphs where you need them.

Since the EDIT function is not functioning, this can be a real pain.

I didn't save the pre-dragged PID data screen from Verdict here, but the following screenshots give you an idea of what it looks like with all the previously de-selected PIDs still on the screen uselessly and all reading zero:

[ATTACH]4776[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4777[/ATTACH]

To be honest, I thought the old VERUS program did that automatically. If the PIDs were deselected, I thought they did not show in SSC.
      I second your suggestion. Verus 10.2 and back does the same thing
      and is a problem for the same reasons. I don't know if 10.4 took care of this or not - I don't want to try it to find out.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• steveharpe
        Banned
        • Oct 2010

Looking for Data Viewer Side by Side Comparison

Hi Bob,
        Found this posting, but couldn't find any side by side comparison of data viewer screens that you posted. I've reached out to some folks here to ask why we save all the PIDs on the product instead of just the ones selected before the save.

I'll let you know...

Steve

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

SSCDV Vs. SSCDV

Hi Steve,

Here's an Atlas screen with the de-selected PIDs still showing, with selected PIDs boxed in red:

20110703-0943-2.jpg

And the original SSC Connect with selected PIDs boxed in red:

20110703-0949-1.jpg

Also,
          This what I meant, that both data viewers have the same name:

ORIGINAL:

untitled.bmp

ATLAS:

untitled 2.bmp

Thanks, Bob
          Last edited by Bob's Garage; 07-05-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

I just noticed that shopstream has been "upgraded"? and now shows the recorded data in the Atlas format. My first observation is that now only 6 items can be seen in graph form at a time. Would be nice if the Shop Stream program would mimic what the Atlas program does on the Verus and have a graph option to show all selected pids in graph form. Or am I missing something ?

Comment

• Bob's Garage
              • Nov 2007

Atlas Data viewer Vs. SSC

Hi Bob,

Even though Snap-on does not support running SSC on Verus and Verdict, I do so anyhow with good results.

The Atlas Data Viewer needs work and you are correct 6 PIDS is about it. You also cannot put the graphs where you want easily or change sides. Unless you are only concerned with under 6 PIDs SSC the original is the best way to view data.

Bob

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

OK, I made a little video comparing and showing what just happened to the data viewer on my Verus when I select "recent documents" to what I used to see. Sorry but the camera ran out of memory at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CT7k...el_video_title hope this link works

Comment

Working...