Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Campbelrob
    • Jan 2013

SSC wont open .scm files

I Just installed SSC on my toughbook running Vista. All files show up in SSC and it will open .bmp files (screenshots) but gives me error code 0x0000002 when trying to open the scan data files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and have had no luck with tech support. Anyone had this problem?
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

ssc

Originally posted by Campbelrob
    I Just installed SSC on my toughbook running Vista. All files show up in SSC and it will open .bmp files (screenshots) but gives me error code 0x0000002 when trying to open the scan data files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and have had no luck with tech support. Anyone had this problem?
    Mine works ok. I am using Xp

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Hopefully Rich Shepperd can chime in here. He seems to know as much as anyone that I've spoken to.

Did you install Framework 2.0 from Microsoft?? I think that's the file computers need to run th SSC software.

No luck from tech support is no surprise

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

Get SP3 !

I had similar results with an older version of SSC on my HP desktop PC running Vista 64 bit. Vista 64 bit is strange, but similar to Windows 7 64 in it's needs. I recommend 4GB RAM. At any rate, you must have Service Pack 3, which gives you a lot of fixes including some Framework stuff. Go here:

Learn about Windows service packs and download the latest updates for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1

As I mentioned, Vista can be 64 bit or 32 bit. So find out what you have, and see if it has been updated.

Good Luck, Bob

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Good point Bob. I run 32-bit so i had forgotten there were two versions that could be downloaded. I'm pretty sure you still have to go get the "Framework" stuff manually though, regardless of whether you have the 32-bit or the 64-bit computer and a matching SSC version.

Rich would probably know.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

Not sure what is happening in this case.
            Making sure .NET is installed and the computer OS is up to date is a good starting point.

Comment

• brad_m
              • Dec 2012

I have just had issue with shop stream.
              A previously working install on windows 7 64 will now only open screen shots.
              It wont display recordings of live data. Which really got me that day.
              I ended up pulling the modis in to my office and playing them back on the modis screen. But my eyes aren't real great with the (comparatively) small screen.

The install on both of my XP based lap tops, the office and the shop, need to be reinstalled every few months after getting error messages when you open the program.

Comment

• Campbelrob
                • Jan 2013

Not sure what is going on. Vista is up to date with framework 2.0 and all service packs. Tried reinstalling a few more times and no luck. I did install a solid state drive in my toughbook a few months ago. Not sure if that is an issue. But since shopstream is working on all our shop computers I will probably just go ahead and install windows XP and try again. Thanks for all the replies! Even though this is a pain in the butt I am still very happy with the Solus Ultra!!

Comment

• crackerclicker
                  • May 2008

I've run across problems when trying to open a live data file through the computer's file explorer window (double click on the file in the "My Documents" window, for example). However, when I open the same file within the SSC application, it opens fine. For what it's worth, I'm using the 32 bit version.

Comment

• brad_m
                    • Dec 2012

I think I'll just have to resort to fresh installs on all the computers.

We have started to print fault code lists on the back of the customer invoice.
                    Mostly as proof that we did actually carry out the work.

I also believe that it will start to generate more work. Most people don't know that most codes will not bring the mil light on. So showing them there is a problem/potential problem before that notice the symptoms will help to prevent the "you just worked on my car and now it has a problem, it must be your fault" accusations that can happen.

Comment

• brad_m
                      • Dec 2012

Shopstream on my XP based system has decided to stop giving me error messages today.

Is SO working on resolving any of these issues?

Comment

• Jim173
                        • Feb 2013

Hi,

New to this forum - my first post!

This issue is the reason that I signed up here. My older Modis and newer Soluspro SCM files do not work. Viewer window fails and error notice returns to blank viewer...

The Demo snappy example files work fine, so maybe its at the tool end not windows..

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                          • Nov 2007

What version of SSC?
                          What version software on your tools?
                          Can you post thoses saves here?

Bob

Comment

• Jim173
                            • Feb 2013

Hi Bob,

Attached is my error notice. From SSC version 8.0.0.33 which I got from the CD ROM with my SolusPro - a UK edition currently running version 12.2.

I understand that I am not using the most up to date version of SSC, but I did install the lastest version from website on my home PC last night with the very same problem.

My PCs are both Windows7 32bit with a pretty reasonable spec. I have also attached an SCM file so others can test...

I don't wish to steal the thread - but hopefully we can figure it out..
                            Attached Files

Comment

• hefaus
                              • Dec 2007

Shopstreamconnect

Originally posted by Jim173
                              Hi,

New to this forum - my first post!

This issue is the reason that I signed up here. My older Modis and newer Soluspro SCM files do not work. Viewer window fails and error notice returns to blank viewer...

The Demo snappy example files work fine, so maybe its at the tool end not windows..
                              Hi My Shop Stream works great and the file you sent User007_30210045632.SCM Works good on mine. May have a broblem with Your downloaded SSC.

Comment

Working...