X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

New SureTrack Community - Share Feedback Here

As you may no by now, the old Askatech.com site is shut down and the community has been moved into ProDemand and ShopKey Pro. You should have received several e-mails notifying you of the change.

This is the first step in building a new and better community site as the old software was not going to be easy to modify going forward.

Please use this discussion to share your feedback on the new site and ask any questions you have. I'll be building a new FAQ page for the community in the coming weeks.

I put a test question in under an old Audi if you want to play around with the reply tools.

Nick (Admin)
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Much faster switching through the questions. Nice job !!!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
      Administrator
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
      Much faster switching through the questions. Nice job !!!
      Did you try out the filters at the column heading?

Did you have any problem logging in? I assume you read the e-mail about your username.

For others, there were a number of SureTrack users who have the same login name for ProDemand or ShopKey Pro. They had to append "_TECH" to the name used to log into the community side. The display name in the community will not have this on it.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Oh No !!!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

Oh No !!!
          Oh no is right. Can you give more details? Did you have attachments?

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

No attachments. Was answering the question on the F150 lights. This means I'm logged in ? I entered through the old portal/desktop short cut.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

No attachments. Was answering the question on the F150 lights. This means I'm logged in ? I entered through the old portal/desktop short cut.
              Yes, that means you're logged in. Otherwise it would show your shop name and you wouldn't be able to get to the reply. You don't need to go through the old page to log in. You can just log into ProDemand (or ShopKey Pro if that's your repair product) with your community name.

Did you try multiple times? I wonder if it has to do with the "_TECH" thing?

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I just answered Crusty s Yugo question ok. All functions work fine. the only thing I was doing different was going back and forth between the repair info and the sure track.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2014

I just answered Crusty s Yugo question ok. All functions work fine. the only thing I was doing different was going back and forth between the repair info and the sure track.
                  So you had the open reply form in one tab and repair in another tab?

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

No, I exited the service manual and opened the Sure Track tab. I tried again with the Pajaro question, still get the error. I'll try once more by first logging out then back in. It is a real question right ?

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

Worked this time ! Thanks.

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

So once you log into Shop Key then you click on the Sure Track Tab you will be asked to sign in as an individual if you try to comment or open any . But can you sign out (log out) of Sure Track with out logging out of Shop Key. The way I see it, once logged into Sure Track you seem to be logged into Shop Key under your Sure Track name. Is there a separate log out for Sure Track ?

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2014

No, I exited the service manual and opened the Sure Track tab. I tried again with the Pajaro question, still get the error. I'll try once more by first logging out then back in. It is a real question right ?
                          The Pajaro post is a real question. Looks like your reply finally worked.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2014

So once you log into Shop Key then you click on the Sure Track Tab you will be asked to sign in as an individual if you try to comment or open any . But can you sign out (log out) of Sure Track with out logging out of Shop Key. The way I see it, once logged into Sure Track you seem to be logged into Shop Key under your Sure Track name. Is there a separate log out for Sure Track ?
                            No, there is not a separate logout for just the community. The only way to switch out of the community is to log out of the site and log back in as the shop.

If you don't want someone else in the shop to post under your name, you have to log out. You could keep different tabs open for each.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

Ok, not a problem for me but maybe some of the bigger shops out there should be aware.

Comment

Working...