Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

NEW VERUS

Any leaked news on new Verus supposed to be announced by end of mouth? Heard it might have J2534 capabilities. Also heard it would fit into Verus Edge work station.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If someone like Jay Leno or Orange County Chopper Junior can afford it and gives it a thumbs up on a Slick Promotional video and tells you to buy one, but the DJ that grabbed Taylor Swifts @ss recommends that you should take a pass.What would you do?

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jm43130
      Any leaked news on new Verus supposed to be announced by end of mouth? Heard it might have J2534 capabilities. Also heard it would fit into Verus Edge work station.
      It will not have J2534 capabilities.

It will fit into the Verus Edge work station.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

When and What comes after The Edge? Should we cover our eyes expecting This Fall?

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

You are going to have to wait and see

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Hmmm , it's only been 2 years since the Verus Edge which is powerful, small, light, and Portable ,So I figure its got to be something shop mounted with a large 48" screen display scale akin to a modern day Counselor XL or Sun Scope, with all the extended leads , amp probes Etc that work off the existing Verus Edge and a modified Version of the docking station, on a rolling Diagnostic station, that has a built in smoke machine. Maybe Verus Edge might even offer a feature of a heads up display to project the Verus screen to the lower center of Windshield for driving at night with adjustable brightness or day driving transparent Google Glass type technology built in to special safety Goggles and built in, no bend over WIFI TPMS exciter like an extendable blind man cane for use with the tool.
            Last edited by Witsend; 08-18-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

I cannot confirm nor deny any such features without the approval of the CEO of Snap-on Diagnostics

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Jay G.
                I cannot confirm nor deny any such features without the approval of the CEO of Snap-on Diagnostics
                Well, that is not a lot of use then is it 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️🤷*♀️

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

A new Verus already? My predictions:

1.Verus pro and Verdict will no longer be supported after 18.2

2. the new Verus will have the same "new and improved" scope the Modis ultra/edge and vantage ultra have - 2 or 4 channels, maybe but minus the
                  dedicated ignition features and the built in transducer/rpm port and other features WILL be missing.

3. possibly missing at least one of the usb ports and/or the micro sd card port

4. bios WILL be password locked ( which should be illegal. it's like selling someone a house, but locking them out of their utility room)

5. hard drive permanently attached to motherboard so it can't be changed or upgraded

I don't know why a new Verus - hardwarewise, the edge is pretty good.
                  I would have suggested a much larger hard drive, possibly accessible from outside without unit disassembly, a return of the directional navigation keys that the pro had, and possibly a MORE capable scope with ADDED features.

The biggest bone I have to pick with the Verus series is the features they took away with 10.4 and never returned - and that's SOFTWARE !!!

Let's see how well I predicted.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Hmmm, Maybe it's a Concoction of an External 1 TB harddrive inside a Snap On Symantic Anti Verus Modem that loads only the software of the car you are working on into a re-badged Maxi-Dasch tablet.

Comment

• Wheel
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Wheel
                      A new Verus already? My predictions:

1.Verus pro and Verdict will no longer be supported after 18.2

2. the new Verus will have the same "new and improved" scope the Modis ultra/edge and vantage ultra have - 2 or 4 channels, maybe but minus the
                      dedicated ignition features and the built in transducer/rpm port and other features WILL be missing.

3. possibly missing at least one of the usb ports and/or the micro sd card port

4. bios WILL be password locked ( which should be illegal. it's like selling someone a house, but locking them out of their utility room)

5. hard drive permanently attached to motherboard so it can't be changed or upgraded

I don't know why a new Verus - hardwarewise, the edge is pretty good.
                      I would have suggested a much larger hard drive, possibly accessible from outside without unit disassembly, a return of the directional navigation keys that the pro had, and possibly a MORE capable scope with ADDED features.

The biggest bone I have to pick with the Verus series is the features they took away with 10.4 and never returned - and that's SOFTWARE !!!

Let's see how well I predicted.
                      If my prediction (#1) is true, do you really trust them enough to buy another expensive high end tool that is only supported for too brief a time?
                      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wheel
                        If my prediction (#1) is true, do you really trust them enough to buy another expensive high end tool that is only supported for too brief a time?
                        I just bought a gen 4 recently to replace my gen2 so if that were true, then No I would not!!!

And While I like the new one, I dont have the time to log the issues with the current software bugs I have found.

Like the Auto ID feature Identifying the wrong engine on cross over year vehicles even though the 8th digit of the vin identifies the engine and is different between the early and later model of that year...

Or the default data groups when you go into a specific function that have to be reselected...

Or certain makes setting off dash service lights when you connect and link to a vehicle. So you are unsure if it cleared the code until you actually disconnect from the vehicle.

Comment

• Steve6911
                          • Feb 2007

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Tool looks very similar.

All new software???

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

Won't know till its released