Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhdad88
    • Dec 2008

IE7 vulnerability on VERUS

I found out about a vulnerability in internet explorer 7 that i wanted to post. Here's the link.(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm)
    I also noticed how slow it loaded pages so i down loaded Mozilla Firefox to try it out. It's a safer browser and seems to load pages faster. Consider this since we can't update the windows operating system, especially for security updates.

Hope this is helpful information.
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jhdad88
    I found out about a vulnerability in internet explorer 7 that i wanted to post. Here's the link.(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm)
    I also noticed how slow it loaded pages so i down loaded Mozilla Firefox to try it out. It's a safer browser and seems to load pages faster. Consider this since we can't update the windows operating system, especially for security updates.

Hope this is helpful information.
    I would strongly recommend FireFox if you cannot use auto update to update XP. There have been several recent updates for security. Get a GOOD firewall too.....oh yeah, a good antivirus software as well
    Last edited by MasterWrench; 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM. Reason: add info
    MasterWrench

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Ie7

Firefox works good for normal internet usage, but found that it wont work with ShopKey5 or Mitchel5, so using IE7 is needed. They say that a virus scanner is recommend. but I don't think so. the slow speed of the VERUS will run even slower using a virus scanner. so far I've tried installing all different programs out there and found that they just totally drag the VERUS to halt. I don't recommend to install any at this time, until SnapOn fixes all bugs on the VERUS and they find a good virus software program they will recommend and support. Installing FireFox3, lavasoft's free Adaware and/or Spybot search & destroy would be a better choice that won't slow down the Verus as much. Using the Verus for none Automotive use is not recommend and was not meant to be used, it will just increase the risk in getting a virus or so. be responsible when browsing and know what Web Sites are safe to view. I hope SnapOn does whats right in supporting and fixing this tools security vulnerabilities.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

It doesn't matter which sites you visit. If you have IE 7 open and running someone can get into your VERUS. Odds of it happening are pretty slim but it could happen.....
        MasterWrench

Comment

Working...