Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schrator
    • Dec 2008

Verus Data Manager

Greetings fellow underappreciated Diagnostic techs.

Does anyone know how to link a snapshot or movie to a specific customers file? Or if it's possible? It would be great to open a customer's file and have all your notes/info/tests in the same place. It's like creating your own fix database. Otherwise you would have to search through your data manager to find it everytime.

Thanks,

Steve
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by schrator
    Greetings fellow underappreciated Diagnostic techs.

Does anyone know how to link a snapshot or movie to a specific customers file? Or if it's possible? It would be great to open a customer's file and have all your notes/info/tests in the same place. It's like creating your own fix database. Otherwise you would have to search through your data manager to find it everytime.

Thanks,

Steve
    It's the old fashioned way but I go into windows explorer, shopstream, user, then I creat a bunch of new folders and continue making a DOS-TREE-!! starting with customer name, vehicle ('cause they might have more than 1), then make more folders such as engine, transmission, ABS, SIR, etc. Then inside each of those such as engine, I put 4 more folders Eng-Data-1, Missfire, EGR-EVAP-ACC and then Sensors.
    Now I have folders set up under a dos-tree that I then put groups of data collected and include in the filename the date such as Eng-Dat-1 Jan-05-09.
    Now I have the files for that customer, that vehicle, that group, that data category, stored with unique folder-names that I put all the jpg and scs and scm files into from the last hour of testing that I constantly save while I'm working on the vehicle.
    Whether you choose to store internally or to a CF or usb as you're working, is your choice. Just grab all the files for that time you're working on it and drag them all into the dated subfolder.
    Ya it's a little cumbersome at first, but once you have a customer set up and the first bunch of folders set up, you can continue to drop more data groups into that customer's file a week later or months later, and they're all together. HTH

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Customer Data Manager

I noticed that all my history vehicles and customers are disapearing from the verus setup data manager, has anyone seen this problem, what is happening and where are they going. if build up a vehicle and enter customers info, I then save the info. I do my normal testing and so. then I go back to the enter info screen and find the car gone, I need to renter the info back in. The verus had been working just fine until today, I rebooted the unit and then I find some of the vehicle entries return back and some repeat entries but no all for prior days, how can I restore them back or how do I fix this problem. Hey Snap On Tech's any Responses would be Gratefully appreciated
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• canfix auto
        • Oct 2008

Me too

Same here, it's werid. Mine have all disappered

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

Are you entering the customer info into the data manager or worksheet?
          I save screen shots and movies in the data manager and there all still there,In the customer worksheet all the vehicles and info seem to stay for me. maybe im not understanding the question.

Comment

• eddiesverus
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by diesel71
            Are you entering the customer info into the data manager or worksheet?
            I save screen shots and movies in the data manager and there all still there,In the customer worksheet all the vehicles and info seem to stay for me. maybe im not understanding the question.
            WOKSHEET AND CUSTOMERS INFO SCREEN.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

My scanner movies, Lab Scope Movies and Snapshots all disappear right after taking them. Screen bitmaps save just fine, but the movies do not.
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• sdlindsey
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                My scanner movies, Lab Scope Movies and Snapshots all disappear right after taking them. Screen bitmaps save just fine, but the movies do not.
                Are they disappearing or are they being saved in a location you aren't aware of? If you aren't sure, you could try to use the Windows XP search feature and see if they are on the drive in a location you don't suspect.

When I saved stuff with the Verus I noticed it saved them in a variety of different places. Just a thought.

Comment

• eddiesverus
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eddiesverus
                  I noticed that all my history vehicles and customers are disapearing from the verus setup (worksheet), has anyone seen this problem, what is happening and where are they going. if build up a vehicle and enter customers info, I then save the info. I do my normal testing and so. then I go back to the enter info screen and find the car gone, I need to renter the info back in. The verus had been working just fine until today, I rebooted the unit and then I find some of the vehicle entries return back and some repeat entries but no all for prior days, how can I restore them back or how do I fix this problem. Hey Snap On Tech's any Responses would be Gratefully appreciated
                  I'm still waiting for a response from any S/O tech or Adim, I also meant to say the vehicle ID screen, worksheets and not the Data Manager

Comment

• canfix auto
                    • Oct 2008

Mine reapeared

Weird mine weren't in the info screen for over a week, and the just reappeared today when I booted up my scanner. I think it might have a gremlin in the board. (and I don't mean AMC)

Comment

Working...