Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schrator
    • Dec 2008

Verus Docking Station

I've been looking for info on the Verus Docking Station. The links on Snap-ons sight don't seem to go anywhere. Does anybody have any info on it? Or perhaps a good link? I'm curious about price. I know the dealers set their own prices but if some one could tell me the MSRP so I have an idea.

I've been playing with my Verus all day today. I got an external monitor hooked up. It's pretty neato. You can put your scope on one monitor and your scanner on the other. Or any other programs. I had to play around to figure it out but it works well. This is totally unrelated to my post but I had to tell somebody because my wife is unimpressed.

Thanks,

Steve
  • jnix
    • Dec 2008

The docking station is a good investment.Along with charging it gives you added usb ports.The price was $200 but I used rebate to purchase it.

Comment

• schrator
      • Dec 2008

Sweet. I supposedly have a rebate coming also and planned to use it for this. Thanks.

Comment

• canfix auto
        • Oct 2008

Rebate?

What rebate, I wasn't aware. Snapper guy didn't mention a rebate. Some info if you could. Thanks

Comment

• 40twist
          • Nov 2008

you get , I think it was , 900 dollars back to purchase what you want from SO , the docking station was one of the items I bought

Comment

• canfix auto
            • Oct 2008

Huh!

No one mentioned that to me. I'll have to ask. Do you know if that was for a straigt buy or if you traded in? Thanks

Comment

• schrator
              • Dec 2008

I traded in my modis. The amount of the rebate depends on the amount you bought. My rebate is only $300. Snap-on does this every once in a while. You may not have purchased yours while the special was going on. I think it's a financing thing too. So if you didn't finance it through Snap-on you might not get the rebate. I could be wrong.

Comment

• canfix auto
                • Oct 2008

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by schrator
                I traded in my modis. The amount of the rebate depends on the amount you bought. My rebate is only $300. Snap-on does this every once in a while. You may not have purchased yours while the special was going on. I think it's a financing thing too. So if you didn't finance it through Snap-on you might not get the rebate. I could be wrong.
                Looked into it, and it wasn't on when I bought, got mine in November ( told it was the first in Canada ), but I doubt it. was also toLd it's a USA only program. Have a good and thanks for the info

Comment

• jbarr
                  • Dec 2008

docking station

i hate to burst the bubble but the docking station is not worth the money

1 it is a hunk of plastic

2 the four usb ports are not powerd by the power supply they are powerd by

the usb port on the verus max 500 milli amps

3 a little four port external powerd usb hub works just as good

4 it is ok to charge the verus with out haveing to un plug power supply

when you have to use the verus

5 i have been buying snap on tools for at least 30 years i guess every now and then every body goofs up

6 got my verus nov 1 2008 and to date have used it on at least 60 cars
                  it works well some small glitches now and then

Comment

Working...