Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nguyendo
    • Nov 2007

Verus "Authorization Denied" message

I recently came across this odd message something about Authorization denied. I can't remember the exact content of the message, however it goes something like "There is a problem with authorization, please contact customer service" and it prevent Verus Diagnostic Suite from starting. Fortunately I was able to use Windows Restore feature to restore it back to a prior date, and the software would run normally. I've noticed this happen while I was checking a bad ignition coil, the scope screen would flicker each time the Low Amp Probe is place on the wire. Once this happen the software would lock me out. My guess might be the coil was so bad that RFI would set off the data on the Verus. Maybe SO rep can address this issue
  • schrator
    • Dec 2008

This happened to me today. My VERUS was on standby and when I brought it back up I got the same message. It was just sitting on my tool box. I called Snap-on Diag and they had me connect to the internet (i tether via bluetooth w/my phone) and then you do some download through a website and they can take control of your VERUS and fix it immediatly. I was busy so I didn't ask why this happened. But I was very pleased that my call to them was quick and painless. Didn't even have to hold.

Steve

Comment

• Rover Tech
      • Oct 2008

I am getting this message too. It has worked fine until today. I just tried loading the Service upgrade but no change. I hope there is an easy solution.

Later,
      Don
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rover Tech; 01-13-2009, 01:52 AM. Reason: added attachment

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rover Tech
        I am getting this message too. I hope there is an easy solution.

Later,
        Don
        There should be, contact customer support 1-800-424-7226

Comment

• Rover Tech
          • Oct 2008

Yep, I called in this morning.

All fixed up in about ten minutes.

Comment

• nguyendo
            • Nov 2007

Thanks God am not the only one with this message. I was using Windows Restore to get the Verus running, ever since then I' ve been scope and scan without a problem. Out of curiosity, I wonder what really went wrong?

Comment

Working...