X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

SureTrack points system

There are questions about the points system in SureTrack. It's usually "I lost points I already had" or "someone else got my points". Please use this thread to discuss this topic.

Since we don't really use the points in SureTrack other than to show other users that you've been helpful in the system, I haven't spent a lot of time worrying about it. Below is a screen shot from the latest question posted about it in SureTrack. If the points shown do not match what you see when you look at it, let me know.

Also, please try to discourage people from asking general questions in SureTrack and get them over here or let me know and I'll direct them.

points.jpg
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Two Points for Wet T-Shirts

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

I don't know why anyone would care how many points they have or get. Its just to show you have gave help in the past, you don't receive anything for the points other than someone may take your advice over someone with less points. we need to concentrate on giving good advice and helpful posts to make suretrack better. Id rather read a post with good advice and only 1 point than misleading or not very helpful post from a post whore with 5,000 points.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Hey, I think even Pole Dancers or former Street Walkers would even take offense to being called Post Whores, Lol

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

The point system is confusing. I think most ask why points go up and down on the leader board and why the point total you have is not what is on the leader board. As far as "point whore" goes. They want all questions answered in 20 minutes or less. Many times when I answer a question it is because no one else has and 15 minutes or so have passed. I do not care about who gets the points. I just want to help get the vehicle fixed properly and out the door.
          MasterWrench

Comment

• cruisinmiles
            • Jul 2014

Remember elementary school and the colored stars on assignments handed in? Cheap little stickers that let you know without words that you did something good! The point system in Suretrack is a running reminder that your contribution is appreciated by other users and gives incentive to continue to contribute to a system that is to most of us the only training we get.........

Comment

Working...