Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

No Communication With Controllers

This is just a FYI and I'm sure that most of the techs on this forum, given the level of expertise have noticed this. When we are offered the ability to perform a network scan of all controllers on a particular vehicle, the current software in the Snap-On tools will completely ignore a module if it does not respond during the scan. In my opinion this is an incorrect approach to this diagnostic. I would suggest that if the module does not communicate that it should be reported and listed as a higher priority in the final results list above the list of codes. That is the way the GM tools do it and it make more sense than to just ignore it completely. Yes I realize the other controllers will often flag a U code against the missing controller but not always. I also realize that optional controllers would now get flagged as not communicating but that's up to us to recognize an option may not exist.

Scanned a 2005 F150 for a problem with interior lights not working and radio not shutting off when opening the door and because the Security module was offline it was ignored. Scanned a 2007 Chev Silverado and no communication with the FPCM was ignored as well.

Just my opinion.
Working...