Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

Kia key programming

Has anyone had any luck with this function? I have a versus edge with the latest software on it 18.2 (I can’t remember but it’s the latest). Not a smart key. I go to immobilizer, key teaching...input the pin code and then I get an error that says “cannot execute”. I tried inputting the wrong pin code and it came back with an error saying the pin was wrong. So we know the pin code is correct. I did manage to program the key fob buttons with no difficulty. Has anyone had any luck programming Kia keys with their snap on? The vehicle in question is a 2016 forte.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

To me it sounds kinda like rehashed Maxi Cyst software that needs a Kim Jon Uninstall
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-01-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by longhungsilver
      Has anyone had any luck with this function? I have a versus edge with the latest software on it 18.2 (I can’t remember but it’s the latest). Not a smart key. I go to immobilizer, key teaching...input the pin code and then I get an error that says “cannot execute”. I tried inputting the wrong pin code and it came back with an error saying the pin was wrong. So we know the pin code is correct. I did manage to program the key fob buttons with no difficulty. Has anyone had any luck programming Kia keys with their snap on? The vehicle in question is a 2016 forte.
      It used to work with previous software..I'd say that it is the same bug with 18.2 that I experienced with a Hyundai Accent.

Comment

Working...