SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr.Jake
    • Jun 2009

Dr Jake; THAT doesn't look like Santa- -!!!

Crusty looks like he trying tah give ya a bug mate..! It gotta big airtank on the back. They run on air pressure. They muscles only pull in.

If it farts, it all over. I broke wind today, head almost caved in.
    Member of Klunker's Corporate, Land of the Great Scarples, Meat Rocks, Footsticks & Spray.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Crossland Auto
      Crusty,
      Yeah I get the pages thing.
      When I logged on yesterday morning, Jakes post was the last one on here. (I was mistaken on the 1903 part, but it was page 14, post #132.) Throughout the day I would refresh the page and always no new posts. Then I commented, and bam, top post of page 15. Went back to 14, and all of the sudden I see posts from throughout the day that were not there when I last refreshed 2 minutes before.

X
      A funny similar thing happened the other day with a few emails.
      They were over 5 hours late delivered vs their posted times.
      I'm not sure the incident you experienced was this site but anything is possible.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Jake
        Dr Jake; THAT doesn't look like Santa- -!!!

Crusty looks like he trying tah give ya a bug mate..! It gotta big airtank on the back. They run on air pressure. They muscles only pull in.

If it farts, it all over. I broke wind today, head almost caved in.
        Oh hell, the dogs did that tonight.

Sure cleared the sinus' out-!!

Comment

• Dr.Jake
          • Jun 2009

We had 3 wrecks yesterday afternoon on the same road. Sewer tank pumper truck got involved in it. It cleaned house on 5 vehicles. It lost it's front tires on the first hit and plowed up a big pile of dirt. Helicopters hauled off the live ones. Not good.
          Member of Klunker's Corporate, Land of the Great Scarples, Meat Rocks, Footsticks & Spray.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

10 below F. this morning, one of the lesser known side effects of global warming is that it actually gets colder. Ever run out of the house in the morning bare foot in the snow in your underwear to start your car only to discover 15 minutes later that the heater wasn't turned on.

Comment

• DrD907
              • Oct 2014

Lorin Down Under.jpg

Wish I was down under w/lorin. much too cold here and people wearing way to much clothing.

DrD

Comment

• Dr.Jake
                • Jun 2009

DrD907, thats a good view of Lorin. Hey, ya think thays any chance my trailer is still alive or they killled it.? Show my tiddy to Donna, and she jacked up her shirt. Stored was full of Jerkwater people and she do it so fast, nobody seed but me. wow....that was wrong rat there...dam.

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

Ever see a 3.6 GM blow the power steering line off at the pump. It's a new kind of swivel that doesn't work to well. The steel line to soft for the vibrations, it slips past the snap ring in the nut.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Witsend, do you have "windows Paint" on your computer. If you do, just save your pictures with it and you can edit and resize them there, easier viewing. Once the picture is on your screen hit the print screen key then open paint and click the paste tab then edit and save as Jpeg into your pictures file, upload from there.

Do you have a C in front of your name ? I do and didn't even realize it until the other day. Some one asked me the other day " what's the C in front of your name stand for"? I don't fall for those kind of questions but then I was informed that when ever there is question about something around here the reply is "See Bob". So I guess if that's the case my last name must be "Canyou"

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

LOL: Yeah Bob , a search from the start menu looks like Paint is there . Never had a reason to try and use to use it before this and dont want to have to zoom in on little thumbnails later to be able to view those photos again in original size later after editing . Sounds like it could become a PITA (Paint In The @ss) for me. It takes less time for me to just zoom out or in as needed by pushing control button and simultaneously go up or down on the scroll wheel of the mouse to see the picture in it's entirety. What's really annoying to me is having to pan across the panoramic layout of the text of my posts left to right when I have a square LCD monitor for my Windows 7 Desktop , not so much an issue on my windows 8.1 laptop with rectangular screen. I will give it a try because most pic i post on here aren't Keepsake anyway. BTW my wife just despises the C word and sometimes I just have to axe myself and ask her , Then how can you love Country music then?

Comment

• Crusty
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                        Witsend, do you have "windows Paint" on your computer. If you do, just save your pictures with it and you can edit and resize them there, easier viewing. Once the picture is on your screen hit the print screen key then open paint and click the paste tab then edit and save as Jpeg into your pictures file, upload from there.
                        That's a little hard to do if you're using a "dumb phone", isn't it-?? LOL

Wouldn't it be easier, and STANDARDIZE the photo sizes on this site, if, when we upload a jpg file, the site has a batch file that grabs the photos and automatically controls the posted pictures.
                        Everybody has different types of cameras with different settings. STANDARDIZING the jpg's would certainly make things easier (better) for everyone and it could be done automatically.

As for jpg's the silly AZZ bitmaps created by the newer tools is just a wasteful use of resources when they needlessly are 751kb.
                        What ever happened to economy of space, economy of time, economy of scale-?

Taking the time to resize and rename and screw around with images from cameras and screen shots using "paint" and there isn't any time left to actually do the work.
                        Some people are doing more around their building than just working on the vehicles and using "paint" for hours at a time to resize and rename a couple of dozen photos and screen shots every day.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2014

Standardizing anything is hard when you don't have control of all of the tools being used.

BTW, here's a great free graphics program. http://www.getpaint.net
                          SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crusty
                            • Dec 2007

It's also hard to control things WHEN PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO EVEN TRY-!!

Here are a couple of pictures that I, A: took the picture, B: downloaded to my computer, C: Opened and edited then saved simply by adding the word "resized" to the filename, D: noticed that the Bits-N-Bytes are a LOT smaller using up less space on my hard drive, then E: uploaded here......

I'm pretty sure a computer programmer has the capability to CAPTURE an image and the write a BATCH file to PROCESS images to a particular size.

I've mentioned this so many times......
                            I have my 59 year old eyes working with them things called spectacles to see the screen. I can see the screen JUST FINE with the "cheaters" I have on now. BUT.... when I go to type into the Sure Track website the RESPONSE BOX FONT is a LOT smaller to see what you're typing.......THEN.....the TECHNICAL SITE doesn't like the word "cavitation"....

STANDARDIZED FONT SIZE AND SPELL CHECK-!!!!

Here it comes--!!!

Just like on Monday night football.....

C'MON MAN-!!!

Both these pics don't spread all the way across the screen and there sure as heck isn't enough degradation in the image when they're made smaller that you can't SEE the different font sizes. Also the word "cavitation" apparently is some kind of funky strange word in the English Language that spell check doesn't recognize. Whatever spell check program has been implemented in SureTrack sucks. Just plain sucks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

I'm afraid if I ever get a handle on how to use paint program and photo shop it's just going to turn me into a more effective internet troll than I already am at annoying folk. Uploading pictures saved from my camera onto my pictures and loaded up onto Craigslist and other forums , I've never ever had to mess with editing the picture size.

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

Test

This is a test of a resized to medium picture
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...