X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Guys,
    The Verus Edge was designed and testing using Win 7 embedded.

Do not update to Win 10 you will void the warranty.

Jay

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Jay G.
      Guys,
      The Verus Edge was designed and testing using Win 7 embedded.

Do not update to Win 10 you will void the warranty.

Jay
      I'm probably going to test it in a virtual environment or maybe via usb. Windows 7 isn't very touch screen friendly.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

I'd like to offer some unsolicited, friendly advice.

Before you do this you may want to check with Tech Support to see what the repair costs will be for restoring it. You're not the first to play this game, and every most every one of the others expected warranty service after bricking their unit.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
          I'd like to offer some unsolicited, friendly advice.

Before you do this you may want to check with Tech Support to see what the repair costs will be for restoring it. You're not the first to play this game, and every most every one of the others expected warranty service after bricking their unit.

Joe
          I haven't messed with anything on the original hard drive. I see your point but there has been zero alterations to the unit. It is the same way it was sent to me. I only found out about this because snap on left the scanner in boot from USB first and I was installing a backup program that is on a bootable usb drive, and it tried to boot from it. Then, it said no OS found, so I had to remove it to boot from the internal one which I have no idea why they would have that enabled by default.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
            • Dec 2015

Here is a little update. This is the drive that comes in the verus edge. It is a msata drive.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

You could probably download Crucial Memory Scanner which would Identify the Ram Modules in it and what your upgrade options could be after the warranty is up. What is the warranty on the new Verus Edge?

Unfortunately with The Maxi Cyst I have not seen anyone on the forums having interest to take things apart and upgrade it's ram or hard drive, maybe just the occasional rooter I've seen on you tube. Probably everything integrated to the board and can't do anything other than possibly a screen replacement.
              Last edited by Witsend; 01-01-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
                • Dec 2015

That's probably because it's android based and is just a tablet so there is probably nothing to upgrade. You may be able to root it and over clock it some to get more performance out of it. I thought about going with an android based scanner but I needed a windows based because I want to be able to use the scanner as my alignment machine since the alignment hardware is all Bluetooth. My shop has space constraints.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
                  • Dec 2015

Has anyone gotten the snapon software updates to work after the last update? There was a software update and now the update never launches unless it runs in the background? There is no longer a task bar icon for it.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
                    • Dec 2015

I fixed the issue with the update tool, had to download a copy from the self help section. Does anyone know the speed of the micro sd card reader? I bought a 256GB sd card capable of 42MB/s but I hit a max of 10MB/s and sustain is 4MB/s. I bought it to do backup images. It could just be a cheap card. Also does anyone know what the micro sd card is for on the wireless scanner and how to use it? Snap-on has no documentation in the manual or and of the videos beside pointing out it is there.

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Cavalier3400z
                      I fixed the issue with the update tool, had to download a copy from the self help section. Does anyone know the speed of the micro sd card reader? I bought a 256GB sd card capable of 42MB/s but I hit a max of 10MB/s and sustain is 4MB/s. I bought it to do backup images. It could just be a cheap card. Also does anyone know what the micro sd card is for on the wireless scanner and how to use it? Snap-on has no documentation in the manual or and of the videos beside pointing out it is there.
                      As for the data transfer speed, it is not your card but rather the design limits of the controller. Card slot in USM is for factory firmware upgrades.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
                        • Dec 2015

I would have thought since this scanner has USB 3.0 the sd card reader would be able to support atleast 10MB/s. I would think it would support UHS SD card speed of 10MB/s plus that has been out for quite a few years.

Comment

Working...