Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gearbreaker
    • Feb 2017

GM SRS question...

My Solus Pro reads all systems except SRS on an 02 Avalanche perfectly. This one had an intermittent SRS light for a few months and is now on constantly. No crash damage ever. Is there an issue with the Solus Pro reading the airbag system or is this a vehicle fault? It seems that the bag system is at least functioning because the SRS light is on. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get it to read? I'm on standard OBD with no key.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Pull out the drivers seat and pull up the carpet and you'll most likely see the problem.The DERM will usually be severely corroded.On very few occasions I've seen wiring issues also under the carpet or near the door sill.

Edit: Just to be clear,if the module isn't communicating it won't show up on your scanner.You should however have codes in other modules for no communication with SDM.Also,if the srs light is on it means that the system is NOT working and the airbags will not deploy in event of an accident.
    Last edited by Glide; 03-01-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

What Version of Software is in the Solus Pro unit?

Comment

• Gearbreaker
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
        What Version of Software is in the Solus Pro unit?
        The Solus has 13.2 loaded.

Comment

• Gearbreaker
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Glide
          Pull out the drivers seat and pull up the carpet and you'll most likely see the problem.The DERM will usually be severely corroded.On very few occasions I've seen wiring issues also under the carpet or near the door sill.

Edit: Just to be clear,if the module isn't communicating it won't show up on your scanner.You should however have codes in other modules for no communication with SDM.Also,if the srs light is on it means that the system is NOT working and the airbags will not deploy in event of an accident.
          Thank you. I will check it out the next time I see the truck and let you know. I agree that it isn't but should be communicating okay because all other systems are talking to the Solus just fine. What you say about the corrosion sounds like a pretty good bet. I found this issue to be a bit strange mostly because all other systems are registering fine. I checked communication on all systems that the Solus had and ran all tests.

Comment

Working...