X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
    It will not have J2534 capabilities.

It will fit into the Verus Edge work station.
    at least that is some slightly useful info.
    Can you tell us when they plan to announce it & offer it for sale?
    Windows 7 or something else?
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Sorry I don't have any details on this unit. Saw the video on Snap-on's FB page so I posted the link into these posts.

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
        Sorry I don't have any details on this unit. Saw the video on Snap-on's FB page so I posted the link into these posts.
        I do appreciate the link, especially since I don't do facebook.

I did learn a bit by studying and pausing the tell nothing video:

I probably don't have to worry about these 2 predictions...Yet:
        2. the new Verus will have the same "new and improved" scope the Modis ultra/edge and vantage ultra have - 2 or 4 channels, maybe but minus the
        dedicated ignition features and the built in transducer/rpm port and other features WILL be missing.
        3. possibly missing at least one of the usb ports and/or the micro sd card port

It's called the Zeus

no directional navigation keys like the pro had as I had hoped for

There looks to be some helpful user friendly ideas in its software.

Externally, it looks pretty much the same as the Verus edge with different colors.

The main questions Snap On will have to answer is:

What will it do that the Verus Edge can't?
        How is it better than the Edge?
        if it is better, is it enough better to justify its being?
        Will there be generous trade allowances / incentives for those with older machines?
        How long will it be supported ???
        Last edited by Wheel; 08-22-2017, 09:55 AM.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Wheel, when I traded my Gen 2 in for the Gen 4 it was a $1000 credit towards purchase of the new Equipment...

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            Wheel, when I traded my Gen 2 in for the Gen 4 it was a $1000 credit towards purchase of the new Equipment...
            not much incentive there. Kinda like buying a new car - the value drops by 50%
            as soon as your name hits the contract irregardless if the unit is even unpackaged or not.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

Traded in my 2 year old verus for the zeus. Comes with 3 year warranty and 3 years of updates. Not bad

Comment

• Wheel
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                Traded in my 2 year old verus for the zeus. Comes with 3 year warranty and 3 years of updates. Not bad
                You already have one? What do you think about it compared to the Edge if you've used one?
                How is the price compared to an edge?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow. Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge. But it's a lot faster, now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done. Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install. The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge. The interface is what really changed. Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow.

Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge.

Quite a bit more? Worth it? (one may not be able to answer the 2nd question for a while.)

But it's a lot faster,

probably faster processor, memory and I hope a much larger hard drive.

now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done.

Hmm - I wonder if they intend to make Shopkey a part of the bargain. Being hooked up to the internet all the time might be a problem if one has to go into or lives in the boonies, or has wifi isues.

Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install.

This sounds like they are following Launch and Autel's example. Nice to have the choice, but I usually install them all - just in case.Next question is do you keep the software you buy, or will it be like the OE stuff & time out, and does it support obd1 vehicles still?

The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge.

32 or 64 bit?

The interface is what really changed.

Now this is the part I am most interested in - did they really improve things or will it be another 10.4 train wreck, or a little of both? Right here more than anything else is where the rubber meets the road on if it's worth it or not. And will this be exclusive to the Zeus, or be available in 17.4 to the older units?

Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD

Yeah, just like the Launch one - love that small connector, but it's sure easier to lose or forget.
                    A lotta questions for someone to answer - I just need to see one in my hands
                    to see what they've done, and if any of my concerns have been addressed.
                    I'd give it a fair chance.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                      • Apr 2011

Intel Celeron N2930 @ 1.83GHz
                      2GB Of RAM
                      32 Bit
                      Windows 7 Embedded
                      Service Pack 1

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow. Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge. But it's a lot faster, now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done. Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install. The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge. The interface is what really changed. Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD
                        More expensive than the edge... like how much more???
                        Dare we ask what you got for a trade in value???

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Intel Celeron N2930 @ 1.83GHz
                          2GB Of RAM
                          32 Bit
                          Windows 7 Embedded
                          Service Pack 1
                          I thought I had a Celeron processor in an old Desktop that Pre dated the Pentium in another old Desktop , that Pre dated the I3 that is in my 3 year old Toshiba, that Predates, the I-5 and I-7 that is common now. Why a Celeron ?

Comment

• sbreland73
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                            I thought I had a Celeron processor in an old Desktop that Pre dated the Pentium in another old Desktop , that Pre dated the I3 that is in my 3 year old Toshiba, that Predates, the I-5 and I-7 that is common now. Why a Celeron ?
                            The naming conventions Intel uses states nothing of the age of a processor, but of the class. Celerons use a much lower Thermal Design Power,
                            which of course consumes less electricity and in turn, produces less heat.
                            Celeron and Pentium processors will be around for years to come, the "I"
                            in the new line of processors is to indicate that it has on-board integrated graphics capabilities.
                            S. Breland

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sbreland73
                              The naming conventions Intel uses states nothing of the age of a processor, but of the class. Celerons use a much lower Thermal Design Power,
                              which of course consumes less electricity and in turn, produces less heat.
                              Celeron and Pentium processors will be around for years to come, the "I"
                              in the new line of processors is to indicate that it has on-board integrated graphics capabilities.
                              This is remembering also that a pentium style cpu has the ' full ' range of executable instruction coding and the celeron has a " reduced " executable instruction coding set resulting in lower potential and actual performance from a celeron compared to a pentium cpu too 🙀🙀🙀🙀

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

This is remembering also that a pentium style cpu has the ' full ' range of executable instruction coding and the celeron has a " reduced " executable instruction coding set resulting in lower potential and actual performance from a celeron compared to a pentium cpu too ��������
                                Today 02:55 PM
                                I think Zeus is the God of Lightening so if the built in mic detects you talkin Sh@t about Snap On, that executable instruction becomes Electrocutable instruction when you work on a Hybrid or an Electric Car

Comment

Working...