Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ratchetman
    • Mar 2011

Zeus

Anyone getting the Zeus? Is there going to be a section here for it? I picked one up this week and am just getting started with it.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hoping to just find myself one off Craigslist for $2500 in four years with a newer update like 20.2, so most of the money I make off of of fixing check engine lights for 3 years doesn't just go toward paying down my balance on The Hottest Scanner of 2017.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
      Hoping to just find myself one off Craigslist for $2500 in four years with a newer update like 20.2, so most of the money I make off of of fixing check engine lights for 3 years doesn't just go toward paying down my balance on The Hottest Scanner of 2017.
      amen brother or a trade in when the zeus edge or pro comes out

Comment

• ratchetman
        • Mar 2011

I took advantage of the promotion to get it with 3 years of updates. I hear what you're saying though. All my tool money for 5 years to pay the difference after trading my Verus Pro. So far this thing ROCKS! Early days though.

Smart diagnostics has limited content obviously, but even then the information is nice to have.
        This tool is much faster than the Verus Pro so far...

I wonder why it runs 32 bit software on 64 bit hardware. Seems backward.

It's very minimal hardware like it's predecessors. 2gb Ram seem very small by today's standards.

The wireless card is a bit funky. It connects to my phone and my home but it won't connect to the company network or the wifi at church.... Cheapest wireless card money can buy maybe?

Bottom line for me was that the Verus Pro had 12.4 and needed an update. I didn't want to start spending on updates or subscription when for a bit more money I could move to newer equipment.

Comment

• str53
          • Dec 2009

I've had the Zeus for about a month, it's faster, a lot of the features require internet, so if you don't have wi-fi at your shop some of the benefits like intelligent diagnostics won't work. there is an advertisement that comes on when the tool has been idle for awhile, sure would like to turn that off

Comment

• tech25
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by str53
            I've had the Zeus for about a month, it's faster, a lot of the features require internet, so if you don't have wi-fi at your shop some of the benefits like intelligent diagnostics won't work. there is an advertisement that comes on when the tool has been idle for awhile, sure would like to turn that off
            Do you have a solus or modis edge to compare the speed to? thanks for the update about the advertisement. keep us posted on issues like that.

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

We have a Verus Edge and a Zeus currently. Pretty close but I feel like the Verus is actually a tad faster. We may not have the Zeus shaken down yet. Both leave my Verdict in the dust for overall speed. We have a Solus Edge too. The Solus is a whole different animal with a different operating system. It goes from dead to ready before you get to the car. If you want speed and don't need the extra scope functions or extra handholding diagnostics of the others then a Solus Edge is the clear winner.
              The more comprehensive scanners are slow to start because they have to load Windows. But once they are going they tend to be pretty quick and having Windows makes them a LOT more capable. If you need or want what they can do.

Comment

• ratchetman
                • Mar 2011

I don't know if any of the other scopes have this, but the Zeus has Auto find in the trace setup. Seems like a great feature.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

I don't know if any of the other scopes have this, but the Zeus has Auto find in the trace setup. Seems like a great feature.
                  It finds the Auto , wow, That's a nice feature, but wouldn't you rather just save all that money and just have your car hiker go find the auto with the remote and pick up some coffee for you and maybe even let you know whether or not it really has nothing for a brake pedal or the Paramedic is just pulling your leg. .
                  Last edited by Witsend; 11-06-2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Mini_Mjolnir
                    • Nov 2017

...there is an advertisement that comes on when the tool has been idle for awhile, sure would like to turn that off
                    Instant non negotiable deal breaker.

Comment

• ratchetman
                      • Mar 2011

I have not seen this ad on mine

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Instant non negotiable deal breaker.
                        Kinda suck if it kept looping a 10 year old Port Freight 08 commercial
                        I would think If the tool is not kept in the docking station the screen should stay off to conserve battery life.
                        Last edited by Witsend; 11-09-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• GypsyR
                          • Jul 2017

That's called a "screensaver". Being Windows you can change it to whatever you like. I found one from Mahle that is an animation of a engine assembly/disassembly and have it running on our Zeus in a diagnostic station with a big screen. Everyone seems to like it.

Edit- This screensaver can be found here-along with a bunch more.

This particular one downloads as an ".exe" file. Which runs fine but won't install as a screensaver. Change the file extension to ".scr" and save it. THen right click on it and select "install" from the menu that comes up. Then you should be able to right click on an empty area of your desktop and select "personalize". Then you should see "Screen Saver" towards the bottom of the box. Click on it and the Mahle screen saver should be on your list of about six the Zeus comes with.

For the less savvy, you "right click" on a tablet by holding your finger/stylus in one spot until a circle about the size of a dime appears then you let off and the right click menu should appear if one available for the situation.

Comment

• antthecat
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by GypsyR
                            That's called a "screensaver". Being Windows you can change it to whatever you like. I found one from Mahle that is an animation of a engine assembly/disassembly and have it running on our Zeus in a diagnostic station with a big screen. Everyone seems to like it.

Edit- This screensaver can be found here-along with a bunch more.

This particular one downloads as an ".exe" file. Which runs fine but won't install as a screensaver. Change the file extension to ".scr" and save it. THen right click on it and select "install" from the menu that comes up. Then you should be able to right click on an empty area of your desktop and select "personalize". Then you should see "Screen Saver" towards the bottom of the box. Click on it and the Mahle screen saver should be on your list of about six the Zeus comes with.

For the less savvy, you "right click" on a tablet by holding your finger/stylus in one spot until a circle about the size of a dime appears then you let off and the right click menu should appear if one available for the situation.
                            Cheers for the link, that's a cool screensaver, definitely having that on my verus.

Comment

• Skip
                              Super Moderator
                              • Apr 2008

there is an advertisement that comes on when the tool has been idle for awhile, sure would like to turn that off
                              Your selling dealer should have turned that off. It is for units on display on the truck.

Comment

Working...