Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by emcgarvey
    4) And most recent of all and most annoying is that if I have it plugged into a vehicle (ONLY A VEHICLE)and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes it will return to an intermittant login screen that asks for a password. I dont have a password setup nor any settings changed from when it was delivered. I will then have to reboot it so i can get around the login screen.
    Are you experiencing a screen saver password?

Comment

• emcgarvey
      • Nov 2008

Yepper... diasable it totally and on next startup it back again.

Comment

• weisman21
        • Jan 2009

foreman/technician

have had verus for about a month. as with any new model anything..ya have to expect some bugs. if your snap on dealer was really supportive, he would be like mine. i still have my modis in possesion and have the verus. once all is fixed, he will take the modis. in the mean time, he is working with me to address any and all concerns. sure its frustrating but hey...what isnt? in general, i love my verus.

as for the password thing, either set up a personal password or just hit enter. if you don't set one up, than when you hit enter, it releases.

as far as customer support, snap on has been excellent - maybe its my rep - but i have an early model modis and last year they sent my unit out, gave me new unit as loaner, totally refurbished unit (new screen, motherboard, etc) and i paid almost nothing for the service. i think the improvements are great and look forward to all that is to come. matthew

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by weisman21
          have had verus for about a month. as with any new model anything..ya have to expect some bugs. if your snap on dealer was really supportive, he would be like mine. i still have my modis in possesion and have the verus. once all is fixed, he will take the modis. in the mean time, he is working with me to address any and all concerns. sure its frustrating but hey...what isnt? in general, i love my verus.

as for the password thing, either set up a personal password or just hit enter. if you don't set one up, than when you hit enter, it releases.

as far as customer support, snap on has been excellent - maybe its my rep - but i have an early model modis and last year they sent my unit out, gave me new unit as loaner, totally refurbished unit (new screen, motherboard, etc) and i paid almost nothing for the service. i think the improvements are great and look forward to all that is to come. matthew
          I agree with anything new there will be a few bugs,as for me the verus is a great addition to my shop. they are working on the issues and it will get better.

Comment

• dttech
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sparkey
            I agree with you 100%!!! WHERE'S THE BEEF??? This would be the same as buying a NEW 9yr old car for $10,000(if possible) and the engine took 3 minutes to start, some of the power windows might work, engine running on 2 cylinders, no heater, radio maybe, all because detroit couldn't figure out how to get the software to work right in the PCM before they sold you the car. How may cars do you want to buy???

RIGHT!!! Like Detroit doesn't have recalls and tech bulletins....especially in the first production year of a new model.

Comment

• dttech
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by diesel71
              I agree with anything new there will be a few bugs,as for me the verus is a great addition to my shop. they are working on the issues and it will get better.
              Ditto!!!
              I think I would rather discuss what the thing CAN do rather than hear all the complaints about what it can't do or all the things that it does wrong. Maybe I'm in the wrong thread or something, but all the other threads seem to be the same.

Comment

Working...