X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Sure Track Spell Check

Hi Nick.
    Can you please look into the Spell Check.
    Just a minute ago it didn't like the plural of RACK, as is steering RACKS.

Hey, we all have fat fingers but there have been far too many instances where it didn't like a word, but didn't have any suggestions. Going through the post you just typed only to have to "ignore", then "ignore", then "ignore" word after word is bad enough on a computer but is nigh on impossible on an android cell phone.

There have been instances where it has flagged about 8 words, 7 of which were correctly spelled. Sometimes it will flag 5 words and all 5 are spelled correctly.

It did catch where I had typed Ericauto instead of Eric-S-auto so it's not all bad...LOL
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
    Hi Nick.
    Can you please look into the Spell Check.
    Just a minute ago it didn't like the plural of RACK, as is steering RACKS.

Hey, we all have fat fingers but there have been far too many instances where it didn't like a word, but didn't have any suggestions. Going through the post you just typed only to have to "ignore", then "ignore", then "ignore" word after word is bad enough on a computer but is nigh on impossible on an android cell phone.

There have been instances where it has flagged about 8 words, 7 of which were correctly spelled. Sometimes it will flag 5 words and all 5 are spelled correctly.

It did catch where I had typed Ericauto instead of Eric-S-auto so it's not all bad...LOL
    I will look into it. I need to find out how to modify the dictionary for all.

You can add items to your local one and there is also a cancel link on the far right of each section when the spell checker is going. It cancels the checker for that field and moves onto the next one. When I'm editing posts I have to cancel a lot as I don't want to redo everyone's posts.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
      I will look into it. I need to find out how to modify the dictionary for all.

You can add items to your local one and there is also a cancel link on the far right of each section when the spell checker is going. It cancels the checker for that field and moves onto the next one. When I'm editing posts I have to cancel a lot as I don't want to redo everyone's posts.
      I have used the "cancel" in the past but I DO want it to find my fat fingered mistakes-!! LOL so I don't want to cancel the whole field...LOL
      Thanks for looking into it.

(Hey Jay G. does THIS qualify as "playing nice-?? LOL Stay in touch)

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Crusty
        I have used the "cancel" in the past but I DO want it to find my fat fingered mistakes-!! LOL so I don't want to cancel the whole field...LOL
        Thanks for looking into it.

(Hey Jay G. does THIS qualify as "playing nice-?? LOL Stay in touch)
        Hi Jay,
        Yes it does keep it up.

Jay

Comment

• maven
          • Mar 2014

I have noticed the spell checks tendency to dislike plurals as well....so I just hope I did a good job typing and hit the finish spellcheck button if its list appears overzealous

Comment

Working...