X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcgta
    • Mar 2012

help hooking up mt-2500 to 94 toyota

hey everyone!

you don't know how happy i am that there's a forum like this. especially after i got a mt-2500 and stuff off of ebay.

ok here's the situation: i bought this scanner to help diagnose my 1994 toyota celica gt. The problem is the scanner says it cannot communicate with the car. also it makes the car's idle surge badly. i cannot get any data read outs or do any functional tests. is the car too old?

The scanner is version 2.2. I have a grey primary asian import cart for 1983-1995 #mt2500-1495. I also have a red troubleshooter cart which is thru 1999 #mt2500-2499. I'm connecting using the toyota-1 connector and black mt2500-5000.
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Hi, uk?, i think the toyota adapter has a 5mm jack plug to take a power lead, so you should also be connecting to the battery .
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• mcgta
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by andybaz
      Hi, uk?, i think the toyota adapter has a 5mm jack plug to take a power lead, so you should also be connecting to the battery .
      hello! no, i'm in the states. my celica has the diagnostic box near the driver's side fender. the toyota-1 connector fits it. then i hook up the battery leads to the connector and clamp on to battery. hmm perhaps i'll get a picture up.

Comment

• sandt38
        • May 2012

I have actually had that happen randomly when hooking various scan tools to cars. All kinds of weird stuff I cannot explain.

I had a Kia in with an airbag light on the other day. Fixed the issue, cleared the codes with my Solus, the light was still on. No codes. I messed with it and messed with it. Finally I removed the scan tool and the light blinked and went out. Hooked my Verus, no codes, no light. Hook the Solus, bam! Light comes back on. Had an 02 Impala in last week a coworker was using my Solus and it kept dying. Unhooked the Solus, the car ran like a champ. The Solus is current, updated 2 weeks ago. No explanation. Verus worked fine, MT VCI worked fine, even an el-cheapo code reader we use to check for OBDII readiness worked fine.

Comment

• redbaron
          • Jul 2012

Even factory scan tools will cause mystery codes and issues- BMW GT1 with an early 90's automatic car will cause a trans warning light.

Just goes to show, programmers cant think of everything!

Comment

Working...