X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

3 Totally Different Questions about our scanners capabilities

Okay guys, got 3 different questions.
    1: When you do a fuel adaptive relearn on a Chrysler product, is it normal to see fuel trims fluctuating like mad during the relearning process? Did one on a Jeep today, 5.7L, and after the test drive, this thing would go from -2LT to +28LT. A constant fluctuation, no vacuum leaks found, and this was at idle
    2: While pulling codes from a 2001 Acura TL, 3.2L, PCM codes revealed a P0700 only. But while doing an OBDII Health Check, a P1750 was revealed which revealed more about the transmission situation. This is a first where the Health Check revealed more than manufacture specific information. Why is this?
    3: I know this belongs in the Solus Ultra forum, but I figured I'd only post one thread this evening; Solus Ultra uses SMX operating system, is this the same one as the Modis Ultra? If so, can we expect the same speed from a Solus Ultra as quick as the new Modis Ultra is? That was the one thing I loved while test-driving the new Modis

Thanks for the help guys
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

If the ram is the same between the two scanners speed should be the same, however the scope and comp test on the modis may slow it a bit not sure. Interesting deal on the acura I generally check both gen and specific codes on foreign vehicles, they have a good habit of doing stuff like that. It does seem backward but thats the way things go. Some manufacturers specific code lists don't include all of the gen codes. You'll pull a generic code thats not on the list of trouble codes given by the man but must be included for ob2 purposes. It happens on gm from time to time. When i search a code on GMGlobalconnect it won't be there although my scanner pulled it. Frustrating sometimes

Comment

• longhungsilver
      • Oct 2013

whenever ive seen a P0700 in the PCM I generally find the offending code in the TCM.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

I did check the TCM....No codes! Go figure, huh? Oh well, customer went on to Acura for a new transmission
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

S.U. Vs. M.U.

Originally posted by Modis500
          Okay guys, got 3 different questions.
          3: I know this belongs in the Solus Ultra forum, but I figured I'd only post one thread this evening; Solus Ultra uses SMX operating system, is this the same one as the Modis Ultra? If so, can we expect the same speed from a Solus Ultra as quick as the new Modis Ultra is? That was the one thing I loved while test-driving the new Modis

Thanks for the help guys
          The Solus Ultra is virtually the same as Modis Ultra without the scope, the screen is also a tad smaller. They both use SMX.

The MU is 3-4 times faster, taking advantage of newer processor technology. Because of the scope, it has to process faster. It is not noticeable on the the scanner side, anyhow except that screen paints faster on both units, that uses most of the processing power.

MU boots up in 4 seconds the SU in 9, not too bad.

Good Luck !
          Last edited by Bob's Garage; 12-06-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...