X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nelix
    • Jan 2019

Vehicle Manufacturer not showing in list

Hi All

I have a Verus Pro D10, running 13.2 software, I know its old software but it covers what I need.

I recently plugged into a Chrysler and started the unit up fine, clicked "Scanner" and was presented with the list of manufacturers, however Chrysler was not showing in the list, I clicked "Full List" and it wasn't in there either, I then selected "configure favourites" and Chrysler was indeed selected to show in the list but when I went back to the list it was still not showing, I tried removing it from the favourites and re-added it but it would still not show so I was unable to check fault codes, I tried OBD Direct too and had the same issue.

Is this a bug that I have never encountered before?

Any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Ive never encountered this with any other vehicle manufacturer.

I just hope I don't have to upgrade the software as it would simply not be worth my while as I don't use this on a daily basis and I'm just a home user, it would probably be cheaper to but a more up to date secondhand unit from eBay that to pay snapon for the upgrade.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

What year, make, model, engine, etc. are you working on-?
    With "auto detect" software (if it is in your D10), may not show "Chrysler", but could show "Dodge", or "Ram", or even "Plymouth" (heaven forbid, vbg).
    If the scanner recognizes it's a truck (for example) then Dodge or Ram would be applicable but not "Chrysler".
    Identifying the vehicle would help us.
    The MOPAR stuff has been a comedy of errors for years, Daimler-Chrysler, then Fiat-Chrysler, then more scanner variations from the company than Carter has little-liver-pills....

Comment

• Nelix
      • Jan 2019

I don't have the details of the vehicle at the minute. This is when you click on "Scanner" on the virus Pro and it asks for the Vehicle Manufacturer and the year prior to communicating with the vehicle.

Comment

Working...