X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Sparkey
    the problem here is, "WE" as consumers will never stick together! as long as some of us keep buying the stuff that is FORCED on us, they will NOT make any changes. I, for one, am NOT buying the 11.2 update unless they (snap-on) give us an option to pick either one (OR) go back to the 10.2 type interface!

now, how many of you will stand on that?? half will NOT get the job done... right?
    We will work on bringing forward the features you like in 10.2 to the Atlas UI, there will not be an option to pick either one or the other.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
      Hi Eddie,
      Yes we are listening to what you are saying here and we are working on getting the features from 10.2 back into the Atlas UI. Like I have stated in previous posts 10.2 UI will not be coming back. I will compile a list of the features that you would like back in the tool as well as any suggestions on new features or suggestions you mighgt have.

Jay
      Jay, you say you are compiling a list of 10.2 features we want returned.
      Is there enough information in these posts to do so, or would it help your
      efforts if a new thread was started where the supporters of 10.2 could list these and give examples of what they mean along with other grievances against the new system? We could also specifically list or re-list new features we want.

I am glad they are working toward this, but I'm pessimistic about it working as it should, whereas returning to what did work previously is a
      sure bet. 10.4 really hammered our confidence in Snap On software,
      and we are going to be extremely gunshy about anything to do with the
      new interface. If the new interface must be, then we are expecting the
      features we are asking for the return of to be complete, and they will be
      expected to work as well as, if not better than they did before without
      glitches. If they succeed, then it may work out.
      If it doesn't work, then I see people demanding nothing less than the old
      interface back, and will refuse to buy anything else from Snap On if not.
      There is a lot at stake here for everyone. Snap on may ultimately find
      it easier to swallow their pride and go back to what they know people want and will use. Time will judge.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Sparkey
        the problem here is, "WE" as consumers will never stick together! as long as some of us keep buying the stuff that is FORCED on us, they will NOT make any changes. I, for one, am NOT buying the 11.2 update unless they (snap-on) give us an option to pick either one (OR) go back to the 10.2 type interface!

now, how many of you will stand on that?? half will NOT get the job done... right?
        You pretty much summed it up. The only way we will see the original
        interface is if a significant amount vote with their wallets.

I will be open minded enough to look at what they come up with when
        they try to mix in the missing 10.2 features with the Atlas system. I am very pessimistic about it and would still prefer a simple return to what
        worked, but will look at what they come up with. I really don't expect
        to see it, though until the 11.4 release at the earliest. If it doesn't pan
        out by then, and if they won't return to the old interface if the new one doesn't work out, then I'm pretty much going to take my business elsewhere for good, no matter what they do, and will recommend to anyone I have any influence over to do the same. I'm not planning to
        buy the 11.2 upgrade, either. I will be updating my Genisys and may look into buying AutoEnginuity or IDS or something else with the money I was intending to spend on 11.2 and the wireless equipment.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Wheel
          Jay, you say you are compiling a list of 10.2 features we want returned.
          Is there enough information in these posts to do so, or would it help your
          efforts if a new thread was started where the supporters of 10.2 could list these and give examples of what they mean along with other grievances against the new system? We could also specifically list or re-list new features we want.

I am glad they are working toward this, but I'm pessimistic about it working as it should, whereas returning to what did work previously is a
          sure bet. 10.4 really hammered our confidence in Snap On software,
          and we are going to be extremely gunshy about anything to do with the
          new interface. If the new interface must be, then we are expecting the
          features we are asking for the return of to be complete, and they will be
          expected to work as well as, if not better than they did before without
          glitches. If they succeed, then it may work out.
          If it doesn't work, then I see people demanding nothing less than the old
          interface back, and will refuse to buy anything else from Snap On if not.
          There is a lot at stake here for everyone. Snap on may ultimately find
          it easier to swallow their pride and go back to what they know people want and will use. Time will judge.
          Wheel,
          I should be able to pull the information from the posts, if I have any questions or concerns I will post them here.

Jay

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

We will work on bringing forward the features you like in 10.2 to the Atlas UI, there will not be an option to pick either one or the other.
            I didn't think that option would be offered, unfortunately.
            That is one of the reasons I didn't include it as a choice in the poll
            I started.

But I do see a problem. I think one of the goals of Atlas was to get
            rid of the stylus and just use fingers. It ain't happening. Here's why.
            The 10.2 features we are insisting on will require using a stylus,
            because our fat, laden with plastic eating automotive chemicals
            fingers will be too big to properly utilize these features.
            I don't particularly like the stylus either, but am content to use it without
            complaint because use of the 10.2 features is more than worth it.
            Also, I mentioned messy fingers. The primadonnas out there who never
            get their hands dirty won't have that problem, but the rest of us (probably a vast majority) will get the screen all smudged up with goo
            you can't read through at best, or have something like brake fluid on
            our hands which will make short work of the screen protectors or maybe even the screen, a problem minimized or eliminated with the stylus.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us posted, We really do appreciate it even
            if we don't like the news. I wish Snap On would be more forthcoming
            like this all the time.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

I started a thread for new features and coverage in the general section a few days ago.

Comment

• eddiesverus
                • Dec 2008

Hi Eddie,
                Yes we are listening to what you are saying here and we are working on getting the features from 10.2 back into the Atlas UI. Like I have stated in previous posts 10.2 UI will not be coming back. I will compile a list of the features that you would like back in the tool as well as any suggestions on new features or suggestions you mighgt have.

Jay
                Thanks Jay for listening, I'm just frusterated just like everyone else in these forums. I use my Verus everyday to make a living and I have invested lots of money in it. do you understand? we all were pertty happy with the old UI and had gotten used to it good. The new UI has many good features mostly in the scope side and the only good thing in the scan side is a faster way to ID the vehicle except for no vin data option, the scan menu layout and in the bidirectional testing screen also except for the scrolling feature of the data list. I like to view everything on one screen for ease of printing and archiving screenshots. The old UI had this and thats why we want it back. I dont care about a fancy UI or big easy to read data pids. I just want to find the problem in that most efficiant way and fix it right then go to the next one. I like to print and archive all my findings and show my customers so they know and understand what they are paying for. do you understand? bringing back these old UI features into the new UI would be the ideal thing we want, since SO won't bringback the old UI at least as an option. We will just wait and see what the next update brings and I'm sure SO will hear back from all of us if they fail us agian? If they do I and it seems like many of us will have to spend my money elseware and I'm sorry so please understand us as your customers.?? Thanks
                Last edited by eddiesverus; 03-15-2011, 12:50 AM. Reason: misspelled some words
                Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Jay G.
                  Administrator
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by eddiesverus
                  Thanks Jay for listening, I'm just frusterated just like everyone else in these forums. I use my Verus everyday to make a living and I have invested lots of money in it. do you understand? we all were pertty happy with the old UI and had gotten used to it good. The new UI has many good features mostly in the scope side and the only good thing in the scan side is a faster way to ID the vehicle except for no vin data option, the scan menu layout and in the bidirectional testing screen also except for the scrolling feature of the data list. I like to view everything on one screen for ease of printing and archiving screenshots. The old UI had this and thats why we want it back. I dont care about a fancy UI or big easy to read data pids. I just want to find the problem in that most efficiant way and fix it right then go to the next one. I like to print and archive all my findings and show my customers so they know and understand what they are paying for. do you understand? bringing back these old UI features into the new UI would be the ideal thing we want, since SO won't bringback the old UI at least as an option. We will just wait and see what the next update brings and I'm sure SO will hear back from all of us if they fail us agian? If they do I and it seems like many of us will have to spend my money elseware and I'm sorry so please understand us as your customers.?? Thanks
                  I understand.

Comment

• techgeek
                    • Mar 2011

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Have had a Verus for 3 years, had some issues at first, smoothed out. It was a strong tool through 10.2. Was looking at a verdict as a secondary tool, upgraded to 10.4 to try the software back in october, havent been able to use the tool since. Im sorry, i know its all opinion based but the data display, scrolling/flickering, you just cannot use it in real world application. Im just glad to see this poll, it is verification that im not the only one who doesnt care for it.

Comment

• dbusch1
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gnatsum1998
                      I purchased my Verus just before the 10.4 update and got the chance to use the older version for awhile. I really like the way Scope side of 10.4, but would like to see the old interface for PID/Graph viewing.
                      I agree and the old one even looked better
                      Last edited by dbusch1; 03-16-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...