diagnostic machines - who uses what ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

You can really get the Maxi Das DS708 for around $1200 ?

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Maxi DAS for less than $1200? Yes.

Originally posted by greasybob
      You can really get the Maxi Das DS708 for around $1200 ?
      Yes, a friend here in the Forums bought one for even less. ., I will get him to respond.

I paid $1450 and the next day I heard that!

Bob

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

autel DS708 diag machine & autoboss V30

So DS708 , in the states this is in abundance, what about the UK ? anyone out their own/use 1 ? what are your views on it for coverage etc and where do you feel it lets you down slightly on its operation ?

Then there;s the AUTOBOSS range - any comments on this ??
        Last edited by andybaz; 03-31-2012, 07:34 AM.
        Toyota pro tech & ata
        PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

I bought my Maxidas in January from USATOOLWAREHOUSE. It was $1248 back then. There is a $50 coupon on their website, so my total was just shy of 1200. A few weeks later they offered another discount of around $60... I probably should have stocked up on the tool

As Bob mentioned, graphing sucks. It will get you into a lot of modules, even on domestics. It does a pretty good job on Ford in particular, compared to SO. No FF/FR on GM vehicles tho.

It did lack pids and tests on some MB I worked on, but so did SO. I had a 98 BMW in the a while back and the Autel had no data or actuation, codes only. The Solus Pro did a much better job on that vehicle.

As with all AM tools, it has gaps. It does fill some of Snap On's and at the price it's being sold for, does not disappoint.
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Autel Maxidas 708

Yes, the tool can do a lot. If they complete it, then it will be one of the best AM tools ever. That is IF they complete it.

Still, like Kai says. it can get into a lot of modules.

And it is a cool little tool, light as hell. The touch screen is super responsive and has excellent resolution.

The graphing will need some work though. No time base adjustment. So you cannot zoom out. The auto scale seems to be on it's own so to speak. Yeah, they will really need to fix that.

But, it can do a lot and that is why I bought mine. Cheap and good.

I hope it makes Launch step up thier game.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

I must admit that I'm not that crazy about buying made in China stuff, particularly when there might be some copyright violations. But really, is there even any American made competition left in the after market scanner business ? The bigger problem is that you do need access to all the modules on the vehicle and I don't expect that the rate of increase in the number of modules is going to slow down. Snap On has always focused on drivabilty, ECMs, PCMs and other drive train modules used to act pretty much independently of any thing else. Those days are gone, everything now is connected and the drivetrain modules make decisions based on inputs from more than just the engine or transmission sensors included now are inputs from the bus line. It's alot better and easier to look at the information from the other modules by looking at the module rather than the limited information you might get at the PCM. The other thing that I can't get over is why scanner manufacturers waste their time building platforms. After I bought my modis I figured the next scanner would just be on a toughbook platform. I love my Verus with the easy to use touch screen and all but at the rate processor speeds and memory constantly increase it was almost a dinasour the day it was released. Just build a good interface device and let us decide what we want to run it on and put the resources into designing the best software and coverage possible.

Comment

Working...