X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenya
    • Feb 2011

solus 10.4 does not work with any toyota from japan imports

hello.

am in africa kenya, jus got my update from england, i live in kenya, most cars we have here are from japan, and they are most of it toyota's. i tryd my solus when i got the upgrade, i 1st tryed it on toyota camry,1mz-fe 2002, it did not communicate, aslo tryed it with rav4 2004, did not communicate..

am wondering if mine is only like this or there is a problem..

i mean goin to uk, updateing its a lot of money

please help any please
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kenya
    hello.

am in africa kenya, jus got my update from england, i live in kenya, most cars we have here are from japan, and they are most of it toyota's. i tryd my solus when i got the upgrade, i 1st tryed it on toyota camry,1mz-fe 2002, it did not communicate, aslo tryed it with rav4 2004, did not communicate..

please help any please
    Hi Kenya,
    The UK software build doesn't support Toyota at this time, you should be able to access using generic mode. What other types of vehicles do you see in your region?

Comment

• BTR1
      • Sep 2010

I have a solus pro 10.4 and it supports toyota i plugged in a 2004 rav4 d4d diesel last week no problems works fine

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BTR1
        I have a solus pro 10.4 and it supports toyota i plugged in a 2004 rav4 d4d diesel last week no problems works fine
        I ask my counterpart in the UK.

Comment

• kenya
          • Feb 2011

many cars we get from all over, we get alot of nissan from america,toyota from japan, many cars that come to kenya are all imports from japan, america, german,....ull be surprised,..

but when we get a vehicle imported from uk the solus works great..

does toyota have hidden bypass thing that we dont knw.?

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

many cars we get from all over, we get alot of nissan from america,toyota from japan, many cars that come to kenya are all imports from japan, america, german,....ull be surprised,..

but when we get a vehicle imported from uk the solus works great..

does toyota have hidden bypass thing that we dont knw.?
            With the range of vehicle that you work on you should try to purchase the Autralia build which covers all regions (US/UK/AU). I'm not sure how to go about it but you might start here http://www.sun-diagnostics.com/intl/...ies-africa.asp and see if they can help.

Comment

• kenya
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BTR1

i also got a rav4 2004 model, d4d from europe, this moring i tryd it with my scanner it didnt even read..only reads abs, airbag only...

when its reading the lights on the dashbord clicks...that gets me ery worrid..

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

Hi, i can plug my SOLUS PRO 10.4 s/w into all the toyotas and read, our data is set to run from 1999 onwards.

We mis out on earlier models inc nissans, thats another topic .

Cheers toyota dealership techy
                Toyota pro tech & ata
                PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• jamesbalfour
                  • Sep 2011

hello.

please help any please
                  That's really funny situation. going back to UK will really be an extra burden for you. I think you should directly contact toyota there to get any solution. Because in the other way, toyota camry will cost you trice more than its actual cost.

Hey I am adding here a contact number for you..you can call 800-331-4331 for help. Hope you get a solution there.
                  Last edited by jamesbalfour; 09-05-2011, 02:44 AM. Reason: Help Line Number was to be added
                  James Balfour
                  USB cards, small in size but still is of great use

Comment

Working...