Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Cool 12.2 Feature

The vanishing vehicle history thing seems to be solved with the 12.2 update. A cool new feature I've noticed is when you save a data movie , it gets listed as an attachment on the vehicles history page. Nice....thanks Now if only I could access it from there. Always room for improvement
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Here you can take a look. The date the codes were recorded is also listed.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Orevin
      • Aug 2010

Yes, that's neat. Now, how cool would it be, if we could open the files right from the History by clicking on them...
      -Kai-
      Chicago, IL

Comment

• BMW JEDI
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Orevin
        Yes, that's neat. Now, how cool would it be, if we could open the files right from the History by clicking on them...
        You can't?

That would be like Micro$oft having a START button menu listing all your installed programs, then making you navigate through explorer to find each .exe to run it.

Comment

• TurboJim
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Orevin
          (In hillbilly voice) Hell, we didnt thank of that!!!!
          Jim Testa
          Senior Technician
          JD Automotive & Truck Inc
          Dover, NJ

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Actually you can, hit the attachments tab at the top of the vehicle history page then click on the attachment you would like view, then hit view.

Comment

• fueltrim01
              • Apr 2008

works great, nice addition Snap-On. Thanks

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                • Aug 2010

The date and time will be VERY helpful.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                  • Jan 2011

Wow!!! Very Nice feature!!!

That will be extremely helpful when repairs are done over several days. Like when a part has to be special ordered or a customer has to come back another time to complete the repair.

Keep Up the good work Team!!!

Things like this show you are listening to some of our request. Well Done!!!

Comment

• phill57
                    • Oct 2007

12.2 Features

Well thanks for the update guys. Can't wait to update now. I have had my Verus for three years now and have nearly 1000 vehicle records. Its great to do a search via the customer name for instance and then reload the previous record. You get to see if the same codes were retrieved last time. Adding the vehicle data recordings and I suppose the FreezeFrame data if you save it will be awesome.

Are there any other cool enhancements?

Why won't Snap-On post a list of these enhancements? It would probably help some decide to update.

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by phill57

Why won't Snap-On post a list of these enhancements? It would probably help some decide to update.
                      These silly folks have their reason I'm sure, but I AGREE, where is our list? Sure they tell us of more codes, more tips, more functions, more components, etc. but what about the interface? On my Win 7 HTPC when a new driver is released, I like to read the enhancements, bug fixes, upgrades, and such to kinda know what to expect from my software, and how it will behave.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

Well thanks for the update guys. Can't wait to update now. I have had my Verus for three years now and have nearly 1000 vehicle records. Its great to do a search via the customer name for instance and then reload the previous record. You get to see if the same codes were retrieved last time. Adding the vehicle data recordings and I suppose the FreezeFrame data if you save it will be awesome.

Good point!!! I personally couldn't afford the Update this time around but I am saving up for 12.4

If the list gave us a better idea of what we were getting It might help sell some of the updates better. This is all my dealer could tell me because its whats listed on the flyer to hand out. No mention of adding the VIN entry box or having the attachments saved to the vehicle info being added...

NEW VEHICLE COVERAGE
                        Get the most powerful diagnostics in the industry today with more in-demand coverage and simplified operation for Snap-on diagnostic tools.

Snap-on adds coverage for enhanced 2011 Domestic and Asian Coverage including Ford, Lincoln, Honda, Acura, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, and newly added coverage going back to 1998 for all major makes. All brand new Suzuki coverage for 2000-2011 including engine, transmission, ABS and airbag.

Software Bundle 12.2 also delivers fast answers to tough questions and access to exclusive coverage and capabilities never seen before outside of a factory tool:

GM 6.6L Turbo Tests
                        Ford Instrument Sweep Gauge Test
                        Toyota Air Injection Test
                        GM Theft Deterrent, Keyless Entry and Remote Function Actuation (RFA) Module
                        Get more coverage than ever:

Mazda ABS Function Test
                        Lexus Air Suspension
                        Toyota VIN Writing
                        Toyota Engine Memory Reset
                        Toyota Door and Mirror Modules
                        Honda and Acura Occupant Detection

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

If you build a custom data list it will be saved as long as don't exit that vehicle.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                            Snap-on D&I
                            • Nov 2006

There is a presentation located here under the Quick Links tab:

Select 12.2 overview seminar.
                            You can log in as a guest and view the presentation.
                            Most of it goes over the updated scanner coverage. Near the end are slides on system features.
                            Let us know what you think.

Comment

• phill57
                              • Oct 2007

New Features in 12.2

Thanks for the link Rich.

That's a step in the right direction but there appear to be many other feature enhancements that are present in the 12.2 Verus/Verdict platform that were not mentioned in the slides. Saving data recordings and linking to the repair order for instance wasn not mentioned. I think it would help sell future updates if techs could see addaition features not just enhanced coverage as the focus tends to be on most of the time.

Thanks

Comment

Working...